CH-02

The Secrets Between Us - 02

-
-
-
-

Third Person POV

As you both lock eyes, a brief moment of tension hangs in the air.

You offers a nod of acknowledgment before swiftly departing from the rooftop.

The lunchtime bustle slowly comes to an end, corridors clearing out.

In the echoing silence of the hallway, Jungwon makes his entrance.

"Finally found you!" he exclaims, curiosity gleaming in his eyes.

"Where were you, by the way?" he adds, his tone a blend of intrigue and concern.

"On the rooftop," your voice barely rises above a murmur.

Your thoughts are a tumultuous sea, each wave crashing with the name 'Hanni Pham'.

"So, she lied," you conclude, a note of disbelief lacing your internal monologue.

Together, you and Jungwon make your way to class, the weight of Hanni's secret a heavy burden.

Seated now, you find solace in the familiar contours of your desk.

"How am I going to face her? I didn't want to get dragged into this," you confess to the empty room, the words hanging in the air like a solemn promise.

"Just ignore Hanni Pham and keep your mouth shut," you coach yourself, the internal pep talk a desperate attempt to navigate the stormy waters ahead.

Meanwhile, Hanni lingers on the rooftop, her mind a tempest of thoughts.

"Was that Kang Y/n?" she whispers to the breeze, a tremor of anxiety dancing in her voice.

"Oh no, they know my secret now! If the school catches wind of this, they'll be in an uproar. Sigh* what should I do?" she laments, frustration etched across her features.

-
-
-
-

[Time Skip]

"Pham bro, are you even listening?" Minji's voice pierces through Hanni's reverie, pulling her back to reality.

"She's daydreaming again!" Hyein chimes in, exasperation evident in her tone.

"What were you guys saying?" Hanni inquires, her voice slightly distant.

"Then I saw that dude fall down the stairs. I was like, 'Lmao!'" Hyein recounts, amusement dancing in her eyes.

"Just imagine that guy's face. It was like this!" Hyein's impression is met with uproarious laughter, a moment of levity in the midst of secrets and uncertainty.

"Imagine, Hyein. Falling down the stairs with that face!" Haerin's remark joins the chorus of laughter.

And yes your sister, Ms.Kang Haerin is Pham Hanni's friend, best friend.

Hanni remains adrift in her thoughts, acutely aware that you hold her secret in your hands.

As the day draws to a close, Hanni musters the courage to ask Haerin if they can walk home together.

Haerin, though typically reserved, agrees without hesitation. The walk is marked by a palpable silence, the weight of unspoken words hanging heavily in the air.

"Haerin, can you help me?" Hanni's voice holds a tremor of vulnerability as she gazes at the younger girl.

"Yeah, Unnie?" Haerin responds, her eyes reflecting a blend of curiosity and concern.

"Can you give me Y/n's number?" Hanni's request is met with a pause, Haerin's brows furrowing in thought.

"For what, Unnie?" she asks, seeking clarity.

"For... a project!" Hanni's voice wavers, a flimsy facade masking her true intentions.

"Oh, okay. ×××-××××-××××," Haerin supplies, her decision made.

"Thanks, Haerin!" Hanni's gratitude is heartfelt as she saves your contact, a lifeline in a sea of uncertainty.

Later, as Haerin returns home, she finds you engrossed in a novel.

She sidles up beside you and offers a warm greeting.

"Hi," she says, her voice a gentle melody in the quiet room. You glance up, a smile gracing your features, and you greet your younger sister.

"How was your hangout?" you inquire, your touch eliciting a contented purr from Haerin.

Meanwhile, in her own home, Hanni grapples with a decision. To call you or not, the question hangs heavy in the air.

"God, this is really hard!" Hanni's sigh is laden with uncertainty and apprehension.

Eventually, she resigns herself to sleep, though rest proves elusive, the fear of her secret slipping through the cracks haunting her thoughts.

-

-

-

-

-

( To be continued )