CH-11

The Secrets Between Us - 11

- Third Person Pov -

-

-

-

Hanni found herself caught off guard by that unexpected question. Uncertain of how to respond, she grappled with the dilemma - saying no would be a lie, and she knew all too well the consequences involving the machine and the subsequent revelation to everyone.

Moreover, the potential loss of her friends' trust weighed heavily on her mind.

"Should I admit to it?" Hanni pondered as the expectant gazes of everyone in the room fixated on her.

"Come on, just deny it! You haven't even been romantically involved with anyone, right?" Minji asserted with crossed arms.

Hanni gulped, her voice quivering. "Um, I... I..."

"If you haven't been dating anyone from our rival school, just say so! Why are you stumbling, girl?" Yunjin remarked as Hanni closed her eyes, grappling with the gravity of her situation.

With nothing to lose, saying yes would inevitably expose her secret.

"I-I... ye-" As she hesitated, on the brink of confessing, you intervened, rising from your seat. "Enough, everyone! She hasn't dated anyone," you declared, prompting Hanni to glance at you.

"Huh? Are you sure about this, Y/n? Let her answer the question," Jini suggested, prompting a sigh from you. "I've already told you, she hasn't dated anyone," you reiterated. "Oh, really? Then prove that she hasn't," Jungwon challenged, eliciting another sigh from you.

"And how can you assert that she hasn't dated anyone as if you know her so well?" Sullyoon questioned, directing the collective attention toward you.

You sighed again. "Y/n, stop trying to shield her from the question with lies," Bae remarked. "Enough, you guys! She hasn't dated anyone from the rival school!" you insisted. "Then who?" Haerin inquired as you closed your eyes.

With a fabricated answer, you stated, "She's dating me..." Opening your eyes, you found Hanni looking at you in surprise.

"WHAT!?" Bae exclaimed.

"Now, everyone, let it go!" You declared, offering your hand to Hanni. She grabbed it as you guided her away from the escalating situation.

- Hanni Pham Pov -

-

-

-

As Y/n led me away from the group to a more secluded spot, they gently released my hand. A heavy sigh escaped my lips, and I ran my fingers through my hair, contemplating why Y/n chose to help me once again.

In the quietness of the moment, an unspoken apology hung in the air. Eventually, we both uttered, "I'm sorry," almost simultaneously. I glanced at them, surprise evident in my expression.

"Uh... you first," I murmured, looking away. Y/n drew a breath and met my gaze. "I apologize for fabricating that we're dating," they confessed.

I turned my attention back to them, saying, "No, it's alright. You did it to protect me. If anything, I should be the one apologizing for involving you in this mess," I sighed.

"But I could have come up with a different story. Why did I blurt out that we're dating? Now they might actually believe it!" Y/n lamented, running a hand through their hair. "I feel so foolish..."

"Uh... it's okay," I reassured them, meeting their eyes. "But what if your boyfriend hears about it?" Y/n inquired, concern etching their features. I sighed, "He'll understand. You did it to help me."

"But what about the others assuming we're dating?" Y/n questioned, leaving me momentarily speechless.

What should we do? I pondered, glancing at Y/n, who awaited my response.

"...I guess we'll have to pretend to be a couple,"

( To be continued... )