CH-12

The Secrets Between Us - 12

- Your Pov -

-

-

-

"Wokey dokey, rise and shine! It's time for school!" I groaned at the sound of the familiar voice. "Just five more minutes, mom!" I muttered, pulling the pillow over my face to shield myself. "What... I'm not your mother, you lazy bum!" The voice retorted, prompting me to remove the pillow and squint as I looked towards the source.

"Bae Jinsol," I groaned, recognizing my friend lounging comfortably on my bed. "What brings you here?" I asked, rubbing my eyes to clear away the sleep.

"It's not just me, it's the whole gang!" Bae exclaimed, indicating the others who were scattered around my room. I glanced around and met the gazes of my friends. Jungwon had taken over my desk chair, while Sullyoon and Jini were nestled on the couch. Jini had her head resting on Sullyoon's lap as she flipped through a book...

BOOK!?

"Book! Is that my book!?" I exclaimed, hurrying over to where Jini was sitting and snatching my book away from her. "Please don't touch it again," I said, holding onto the book protectively.

"I never knew you were into porn," Jini remarked, rolling her eyes as she sat up.

"Into what?" I asked, puzzled by her comment.

"Oh, gosh-Y/n, my child, how could you?" Bae exclaimed dramatically, rolling off the bed to join us. "You're into porn?"

"Watching porn and reading that... are completely different, Bae. And it's not what you think. Now, why are you guys here?" I sighed, trying to steer the conversation away from my reading choices.

It had been two days since our school trip ended, and the rumors about me dating Hanni Pham were spreading like wildfire.

Two days of dodging questions and pretending to be in a relationship.

"Well, well," Bae said, making her way to the mini-fridge in my room and pulling out a banana milk.

"Pass me one!" Jungwon requested eagerly. "Me too!" Jini chimed in.

"I wouldn't mind a drink either," Sullyoon chuckled.

Bae tossed the banana milk to Jungwon, who caught it with a triumphant grin. "Woohoo!"

She then tossed two drinks to Sullyoon and Jini, who skillfully caught them.

"Do you want some?" Bae turned to me with a grin. I rolled my eyes.

"You guys are already drinking my drinks, so why ask? Yes, pass me the coffee milk," I replied, settling back onto the bed and placing my book on the nightstand. Bae tossed the drink in my direction, and I caught it before taking a sip. Then, she grabbed a chair and joined us in drinking.

"So, what brings you all here?" I asked, stifling a yawn.

"Well, Haerin said you were sick when I saw her in the hallway. We came to check on you, but you seem fine," Bae giggled as I sighed. "I'm just tired after the trip," I replied, and Bae raised her eyebrows skeptically.

"Speaking of the trip... When did you and Hanni Pham even start dating? We never saw you guys interact much before," Bae remarked, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, it was quite surprising when you mentioned you two were dating during the truth or dare game..." Jungwon chimed in, placing his drink on my desk and fixing his gaze on me.

I clenched my jaw, trying to maintain my facade as I glanced down at my drink. "Well, we started dating about a month ago," I lied.

"That's interesting... Congratulations, I guess," Jini said, rolling her eyes, while Sullyoon chuckled softly.