ɪɪ. 𝘧𝘢𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘰𝘯𝘢𝘣𝘭𝘺 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘤𝘭𝘶𝘣

tw - violence

Who would be dumb enough to endorse a club

where we punch each other in the face?

JEFF TURNED TO RICKY, hobbling over on his crutches

JEFF TURNED TO RICKY, hobbling over on his crutches. "so, man, when are you making a move on Katarina?" He laced his hands together, putting them to his chin. His armpits keeping the crutches in place.

Ricky smiled. "I got it all planned out." He wrapped an arm around Jeff's shoulder, spreading his other hand across the sky dramatically. "I stand outside her window, speaker in hand playing a random French song that she should understand or whatever, and then she comes down from her room and accepts my offer for her to be my girlfriend." He theorized proudly, smugly looking at the sky as he imagined the scenario.

Jeff gasped dramatically, hand covering his mouth with one hand while the other wiped away fake tears

The blonde clicked his tongue. "And then I'm the first in Rockbridge to get with a French girl." He boasted.

Tim walked over and clapped, "we will support you every step of the way, Man." He promised, slamming a fist to his padded chest.

Ricky smiled as the football team clapped for him, congratulating his idea. Ricky smiled and bowed, waving to the football team like he's just won seven Grammys.

•••

KATARINA LOOKED IN THE school bathroom mirror, fixing her bangs. She pinched her face, making it become a dusty pink. A smile appeared.

The French girl surveyed her outfit which consisted of a white mid-thigh skirt and a red turtleneck sweater that had a heart cut out on the upper chest near her collarbones. Her hair was done half-up half-down. The part that was up was tied into pigtails on either side of her head using a red ribbon.

She remembered learning how to tie the ribbon for the first time once her mom had forgotten how to.

Isabel appeared beside her, washing her hands in the white rusted and half-clogged sink that the school could replace with the many, unneeded, funds that go toward the football team.