Chapter 7: Lopez

Alessandro's POV

It has been several hours since we left my estate on our way to the Lopez family.

Even though I loathe going there, I would do anything for Adriana, even if it means this. What if she knows something, or worse, what if she has her?

Strangely, a part of me hopes she is with them, as it would make it easier to rescue her. On the other hand, it might have been one of Rossi's or my enemies.

While we make our way to the Lopez estate, I have instructed some of my soldiers to gather information about our adversaries, who might be willing to avenge me in any kind of way and who already did.

Rossi has his soldiers doing the same.

Once we have that information, we will each try to determine why they took her before making contact to find out if she is there.

Some may be willing to talk, while others will not, but we will be prepared either way.

The car arrives at the estate, and within moments, we exit the vehicle, heading towards the door where Lucilla stands in black trousers and heels, sending a heated glare my way.

Her welcoming attitude is impeccable.

As we approach her, I notice her eyeing Rossi as well, and she comments in her cold, sarcastic voice, "A combo I never expected to see."

I cannot help but growl inwardly, resenting having to be associated with this fucking piece of shit man.

The hatred I hold for Rossi is utterly intense whilst it is equally matched for Lucilla.

"Let us not mistake this for friendship. We are far from it, but our common goal is finding your daughter. Who is actually missing." I assert firmly, my eyes locked on hers as I stop at the top of the stairs, my imposing height looming over her, and she tries not to show any sign of intimidation she feels from me.

Lucilla gives a bitter amused expression, raising an arched eyebrow as if her missing daughter is nothing more than a casual topic. "Oh," she responds with nonchalance, crossing her arms over her chest. "Shocker. But what makes you think I would help you?"

Her indifference is maddening, considering her daughter's disappearance.

Since it is not a request, I would not be here having this conversation in the first place. It is a demand, and Lucilla has no choice.

"Oh, Lucilla, I was not asking you," I assert coldly, my darkened eyes fixed on her. "Now, tell me. Do you have any enemies who might want to take her?" I narrow my gaze at her.

"Alessandro-"

I hum, shaking my head slightly at her. "Mr. D'perio to you," my deep voice demands, and I watch as she hisses under her breath, clearly annoyed, and looks up at me.

"Mr. D'perio. You can't come to my house and expect me to help you with anything that has nothing to do with me when clearly it's your two's fault, not mine-"

My teeth grit at her words, and I clench my fist ruthlessly. "Who are you to blame us? Well, me, since that guy over there was the one who had her taken," I shoot Rossi a death glare before turning to look at Lucilla with dark, deceitful eyes.

"You know if you have something to say to me, just say it, Alessandro!" From the shout, my head snaps dangerously towards the source that dared to speak to me. I can speak, but not to him. Rossi and I lock eyes with vicious determination. "I know how furious you are at me! I know how much you want to curse me out or possibly kill me!" He yells, throwing his arms in the air in frustration, and my eyebrows tip with curiosity. "Now is the time..."