Chapter 19: Growing

Ten months later

The scent of strawberries and lemon sweetness fills my nostrils while foam and water envelop my hair and face as I give my ten-month-old baby her bath.

Noemi squeals in joy, sending foam and bubbles flying all over me as she uses her rubber ducky to beat and splash on the bath.

"Who's having fun in the tub?" I chuckle, using the small container to pour water over her dark hair, her long lashes fluttering at the impact, but it is no use, as she keeps getting bubbles and soap foam all over her hair.

Upon posing my question, her enthusiasm grows, and she responds with delightful baby babble, revealing her two tiny teeth before she gleefully splashes water, drenching me more than expected.

"It's time to tidy up that messy hair, my little water enthusiast!" I declare, reaching into the bath to pull the plug and release the suds. However, as my hand unplugs it, Noemi playfully splatters soap all over my face with a hearty laugh. "Oh, baby!" I exclaim, swiftly pulling back and wiping the soap from my eyes.

Despite my initial irritation, her cute little face prompts a pout instead of anger.

A light knock goes against the door before it slowly opens to reveal my beautifully sculpted love walking inside, adorned with the broadest smile on his pink lips. "Hi, honey," I greet him, turning on the bath tap to rinse away the soap while Noemi continues her playful water antics.

"How is my littlest princess doing?" He inquires, kneeling beside the bath next to me.

"Apparently, she's having the time of her life," I reply, turning to him and planting a tender, quick kiss on his lips before redirecting my attention to our joyful daughter.

"Is that so, my precious?" Alessandro questions, pouting his lips and casting soft, affectionate eyes toward her.

Noemi responds with joyful gurgles, creating a cascade of water droplets that dance in the air and land on our faces.

I giggle, glancing at Alessandro, who's smiling at her with heartfelt eyes.

Returning my focus to our daughter, I playfully pour water over her tiny toes, prompting more laughter and playful splashes from her.

"She is having fun," Alessandro says, wrapping his arm around my waist, sending electrifying feelings through my veins, and I nod with a light laugh, pouring water on our baby little legs while she laughs and enjoys her bath with her ducky.

Her eyes widen with excitement, tiny hands reaching out to catch the water as I pour it over her hair. Her eyes flutter in adorable delight, laughter echoing and warming Alessandro's and my hearts.

"Who loves baths?" Alessandro playfully asks, observing her playful antics while the soap suds vanish out of the tub.

I halt pouring the water on her now clean face and hair, and she squeals in delight, clapping wet hands together, sending water flying and making us coo at the beautiful sight.

"You are my little water maestro, yeah?" Alessandro asks playfully, tightening his arm around my waist, making me giggle.

"Are you ready to leave your bath, little one?" I ask her, and Alessandro reaches for her Cinderella towel.

"Can you, baby? I am going to set her outfit and get myself changed." I ask Alessandro, and he nods, turning to look at me with a smile.

"Do what you have to, baby." He says, giving me a wet, loving kiss on my lips, and I reciprocate it, standing and giving way to finish our child.

Exiting the bathroom, I hum a gentle tune, making my way to our baby nursery to arrange her adorable little outfits.

God, they are so adorable and pretty.