Epilogue

Alessandro D'perio

Five years later

The car comes to a stop at our destination, we step out, and the doors close behind us.

We set off on foot towards our new home, the wind whipping around us as if to welcome me back, the sun shining brightly, its rays bathing our faces in warmth, eliciting a sigh of relief from me.

The familiar sensation of being back fills me with memories of times gone by. Every moment I was here, tautening my chest.

Everything is as beautiful as I remember. The ocean scent permeates the air, and the sounds of nature envelop us. Trees creak, birds sing melodically, and leaves whisper, just as I recall from before.

My daughter, now all grown up, sings and jumps with excitement and joy as we make our way down the path, the sight of her filling me with happiness, and I cannot help but smile as I watch her being happy, something I have not quite been in a long while.

She looks so much like her mother, with the same beautiful features, but her eyes are the ones that I remember Adriana always loved.

My eyes.

It is impossible to keep the smile off my face as we make our way home, my daughter's joy and excitement are contagious.

As we approach the house, my daughter and I both come to a stop, my princess eyes extending from the view as she cannot contain her excitement, and dash towards the doors, eager to see our new home.

Our forever home, as we like to call it. "Daddy, it is huge!" she exclaims, her voice filling with wonder as she takes in the sight of the grand mansion.

She runs towards the house, her tiny feet pounding against the ground, her laughter and contentment filling the air.

It is a moment that I will treasure forever. The excitement and wonder on my daughter's face, an excitement I wish her mother would see.

A smile takes over my lips as my eyes scan the mansion standing tall and proud, its white exterior gleaming in the sunlight.

The front facade is adorned with stately columns, a grandiose entranceway, and floor-to-ceiling windows that allow natural light to flood the interior.

The roof is peaked and adorned with intricate carvings and gold-leaf trim, while the grounds are meticulously landscaped with lush gardens and winding pathways, creating a serene and peaceful atmosphere.

Before and below it, the deep blue of the crystal ocean stretches out as far as the eye can see, the waves crashing against the rocky shore that lies at the bottom of the cliff, creating a soothing sound that fills the air.

The sight of the single piece of land sitting all alone in the vast ocean is breathtaking with the sun setting on the horizon, painting the sky with hues of orange, pink, and purple, making it a perfect and happy ending to our journey but it is not the end but a beginning one where she never left.

I cannot help but feel a sense of closeness to her as if she were still here with me. This place, this view, holds a special significance for me, as it was always meant to be our spot.

I wish she were here to see this. To see the home that I built for her.

It was always the plan to build her dream home on this land that I bought years ago because she was special and deserved nothing but the absolute best.

Every day that I spent working on this home, I thought of her and what she would want. I poured my heart and soul into this place, knowing it would have made her happy. Even though she is not here to see it, I am content knowing that I have fulfilled my promise to her, and this home will always be a reminder of our love and the life we shared.