Chapter 14: Family

Adrienne's POV

Two months later

My eyes flutter open, and a smile naturally graces my face as I realize where I am and anticipate the happiness that awaits me being here with the man I am in love with and my family.

The family that I never had.

Upon opening my eyes, I shift to my side, encountering a breakfast tray on a trolley.

A giggle escapes me at the beautiful sight, my stomach growling from the enticing aroma permeating the room.

Sitting up against the headboard, I spot a dark figure by the window, their hand at their ear, back muscles flexing mercilessly.

Alessandro, already donned in a formal black tuxedo suit, emanates power, elegance, and sexiness, resembling a ruler of the universe.

So hot.

"I want all my fucking soldiers out there searching for her in every city and building. I want no stopping until she is found dead or alive," he growls menacingly into his phone, piquing my curiosity about the person he's referring to. "Do I make myself perfectly clear?"

After his conversation on the phone, I clear my throat loudly, prompting him to turn my way.

When he locks eyes with me he hangs up, gracing me with his gorgeous smile and causing my stomach to tighten and my heart to beat rapidly with admiration and passion.

"Good morning, amore mio," he says with that beloved smile, approaching me, and I open my arms for a kiss, but a gasp escapes me when he scoops me from the bed in a bridal hold.

I laugh, wrapping my arms around his neck and gazing up at him dreamily and so in love.

"Good morning, my handsome man," I peck his lips, and a growl rumbles in his throat.

He presses my head back to his, and our lips meet in a passionate kiss, eliciting a moan from me as electricity spreads through my veins like fire and lightning.

God, the way I love this man.

After a few seconds, we part, gazing into each other's eyes, lost and complete, the absence of awkwardness a testament to our connection as the air is filled with love, appreciation, compassion, and more.

"I have been waiting for you and our baby to wake," he whispers tenderly, nuzzling his nose against mine, eliciting a giggle as I reciprocate admirably. "I love you so much, princess," his words cause my eyelids to close with warmth, savoring the affectionate sentiment. "So much, words cannot describe it..." he breathes, resting his head against my forehead, prompting a soft moan tantalizingly from me.

His words unleash a flurry of butterflies in my stomach, tingling toes, and crawling skin in ways only he can do. God, the effect this man has on me.

"You know I love you more," I whisper, opening my eyes to meet his bright gaze. "You know I do," I repeat, and he growls, settling onto our bed with a sigh escaping his lips.

"No matter how many times I tell you that I do, you are still not going to agree? Hm?" He asks, tickling me unexpectedly, and I burst into laughter, squirming in his lap.

"N-o!" I yell, laughing as he continues tickling me. "Stop-stop! Alessandro!" I yell in between laughs. "I am going to pee! If-if you don't!"

His hands abruptly stop, making me laugh, and I open my eyes to see him smiling down at me. "I brought you breakfast," he carefully places me on the bed, his hand playing against my 27 weeks and 5 days stomach. "You both get breakfast," he whispers, kissing my stomach tenderly, and I giggle. "Hey, my littlest princess. How are you doing in there?" He asks our daughter, and I laugh, watching him in awe and admiration.