Halloween II-3

TW: Smut
'***' indication for start of the part. those who feel uncomfortable may skip it.

↜ ↝

Sam and Nick were with Amy, Rosa and Gina, watching Jake sitting in the interrogation room with handcuffs on. Terry came in holding Charles, his hands taped and mouth gagged with a cloth. Charles kept making noises which got muffled by the gag. 

"Free him, Terry." Sam said and the man was released. "What the hell is going on-" he immediately shouted but thankfully the glasses to the observation room were sound proofed. "Shh!" they all immediately told him nonetheless. 

"Sam why are you here? Did you double cross us? Oh my God, you all double crossed us!" he exclaimed in disbelief. "It's all a part of the bet, Boyle." Nick said. "Now keep quiet. Holt's here." Rosa said as the Captain stormed into the interrogation room.

"Talk now!" he demanded to the handcuffed detective. "You seem upset. Well, here's how the story goes. Remember that little Halloween bet that we made? You probably don't even remember, it was so early this morning." Jake said starting with his explanation. 

"Anywhoozle, it turns out the criminal I hired to lift your watch was not trustworthy, and I ended up contracting tuberculosis of the foot and subsequently losing your death watch. But in the end, I like to think this whole thing is gonna bring us closer together. And isn't that what it's really all about? Merry Christmas!" he poorly explained.

Nick and Terry giggled at the man's poor attempt of getting spared for 'losing' Holt's watch. "What are you saying? My watch is right here." Holt said lifting his wrist and showing him the watch on him. 

"No, I made a switch. That's a fake." Jake said guiltily. "No. This one's a fake." Holt said shifting his sleeve lower to show the replica watch that he had. "What? No... What? No... What? No." Jake said himself in utter disbelief.

"You were behind all this? You played me." he deduced. "Like Frans Bruggen plays the flute." Holt bragged. "But how? I've been planning this theft for three months." Jake asked confused. "I know, but I've been planning it for a year." Holt revealed.

"Last Halloween, after you won the bet, I went back to my office to do everyone's paperwork, but I did no paperwork. I started to plot my revenge. I began by creating a word cloud." Holt started with the monologue.

"But how could you possibly have known I was gonna try and steal your watch?" Jake questioned. "I knew you would try to take something important to me. During the year, I drew your attention to my watch." he answered. "You annoyed me into stealing it!" Jake said.

"Exactly. Now you had a target, but you needed a plan. Fortunately, it walked through the door, handcuffed to Diaz." Holt said, recounting the memory of how Jake had an idea blink into his mind when he had first been introduced to McCreary.

"The look on your face, priceless. I put McCreary into my employ immediately. Fast-forward to this morning. You commenced your plan." Holt got back to the explanation. Sam had to admit that the Captain's plan was pretty dope.

"McCreary stole my watch, and then replaced it with the replica. And while you celebrated, McCreary put my watch back in my pocket. The watch never left my person. Dun-dun-duh!" he revealed with a pinch of dramatics added.

"I can see that you're enjoying this." Jake commented. "Not nearly as much as I enjoyed phase two." Holt admitted. "Phase Two." Jake said with annoyance.

"I had my insider with you throughout the Phase two, their name, Samantha." Holt revealed menacingly. "What? She was being so believable." Jake said, feeling betrayed. "While you and Boyle met with McCreary, she placed a fire hydrant in front of your car, still surprised on how she did that so easily, which Santiago then towed away. Next, I had to take Charles out of the equation." Holt explained.