The Wednesday Incident-2

A/N: Do vote and comment guys, please don't be ghost readers. Enjoy the chapter<33

↜↝

One of the house service staff put down a tray of two coffees and tea along with some cookies onto the coffee table. Uneasy silence lingered in the air as the smell of whiskey from the minibar in the corner of the room filled the room.

"I must say, this is an uncomfortable circumstance for all of us." William spoke first as he and the two detectives were now in his penthouse's lavish living room. "You're damn right it is." Nick said, his arms on his waist as he stood. "You were at Alex Debroune's art gallery three days ago. Why?" he continued to asked.

"I was there to buy art." William answered, sitting back in his leather couch chair. "From my ex, purposely?" Sam asked, her tone accusing. "It's not like that-" he spoke. "What is it like then? You knew about Alex and you went to buy nudity art from him? How low could you ever go?" she continued.

"Will you at least let me explain my case?" William asked before Sam could talk more. She crossed her arms and huffed. "I was at the art exhibit to see for a painting to be gifted to my friend, Harman Kukreja." he explained. "An almost nude painting? That's not your taste." Sam asked, disgusted.

"He has a taste for that kind of art." he said, Sam groaned at that. "Why did you not buy it then?" Nick asked, trying to remain professional as much as possible. "I closely noticed the painting and saw a mole over the... the boob." William spoke uneasily.

"Ew, ew, ew.." Sam started to pace around, feeling grossed at that thought that possibly every art buyer or visitors at the gallery exhibit had seen her breasts through a painting, she was mentally cursing her ex. "I recognized it had to be you and felt guilty that I was gonna buy that. So I held off the purchasing out of respect." he explained.

"At least you weren't spending millions on crap art..." Sam muttered to which William furrowed his brows. "So you just ghosted the sale." Nick pointed out. "Yeah, I never called back to confirm, the guy was very adamant to sell me the painting." William said with an exhausted look.

Nick was a little relieved that William hadn't bought the paintings to be gifted away. He couldn't be calm with having his girlfriend's body being sold as paintings in the name art. They were still to figure out who still had them hidden and he for sure wasn't gonna let the guy responsible of the theft off the hook.

※※※

"So he didn't buy the paintings." Sam said as she and Nick sat back in their car. "Yeah, I was ready to smack the hell out of him if he was still gonna buy them." Nick said, strapping on the seatbelt and starting the car.

Sam looked at him with softness in her eyes, she was right to love this man. "I swear to God, when we catch this guy, I'm gonna scoop out his eyes and then break his hands-" he continued to flare in anger.

"Whoa whoa, I told you to stop watching 'Devilman Crybaby'. It's too much gore." Sam scolded him. "Sam, I'm serious." he said. "I'm serious too. I'm not comfortable either with having those paintings still on exhibit and two already stolen. I wanna beat up the perp just as much I wanna beat up Alex." she sighed and looked out of the window.

"I'm sorry.." Nick spoke up after a beat of moment. "Why are you sorry? It's not your fault, babe. I'm the one at fault for even letting him draw me for once, I should've been clear that I wasn't allowing that forever. So take it back" she said. 

"Fine.. I take my apology back." he said softly and she turned to face him with a gentle smile. "Good." she said with a small nod. "Let's just head back, I'm very tired with this whole situation and the case." Sam added and Nick agreed. "Yep, princess." he said and started to drive.