Sabotage-2

A/N: Please do comment guys, I love reading and interacting with you all. Makes me motivated to write more and better<33

↜↝

Sam pulled up her car outside of the urinalysis lab where Jake waited for her. "Took you long enough." Jake said once he got in the car. "Sorry. I stopped at a gift shop to get some ideas. By the way, thanks for agreeing to help me plan a party which I should've done months ago." Sam said.

"It's fine, I know a place to go so we can check there." he said. "Where?" "Uh, you know what, I'll drive till then you can see these pictures that I have from my cousin's bar mitzvah." he suggested. "I'm not throwing him a 13 year old's birthday party. I need solid stuff." 

"Do you trust me?" he asked her. "That's a tough question, cause the last time I agreed to help I faced a 6 months suspension and missed Nick's birthday." she said. "Hey, but we have this chance. Let's get you to plan the party, okay?" Jake said and Sam reluctantly agreed.

About twenty minutes later, Jake was driving at a road. "So what is this place like?" Sam asked as she scrolled on tumblr for any sort of ideas. "It's nice, you get cups and bits there." Jake said as he drove, not paying much attention to her question.

"Cups and bits? Where are you taking me?" she asked and Jake stopped the car abruptly, making her look up from her phone. "Shit! Tires slashed!" Jake exclaimed as the flat tire indicator came on. 

※※※

"Come on!" he exclaimed as he looked at the punctured tires. "How in the world did you manage that? I only have one spare tire on me." Sam asked as she also looked at the front two tires. She then looked up to see the area where they were. "And where the hell are we?" she asked.

The area was almost deserted, like backlots. Suddenly, she realized "Oh, my, God. You did it again?! You pulled me into your investigation!" she scolded him. "Well I had no choice. Rosa, Amy and Nick weren't much of a help and weren't letting me help. They're having their celebration cappuccinos instead of figuring out how's trying to sabotage me." Jake reasoned.

"So? You're supposed to be at home, not investigating your own case. But instead we're in some unknown locality.. and my phone's dead. Goddamn GPS was on the whole time!" Sam yelled in frustration.

"Ok, I'm sorry, okay? I was just following a pattern of leads- okay, let's head back to the precinct." Jake said. "How? The tires are flat." she asked, pointing at the wheels of the car. "We'll figure out something. I have my phone! And it's work- no wait, it's hanged on lock screen. Let's just walk back." he said optimistically.

Just then they heard an ice cream truck's jingle and looked over to see the vehicle driving towards them. "Or, we can ask for a lift." Jake added and stood in front of the truck to ask for a lift but the vehicle was close to driving into Jake so Sam pulled Jake aside immediately and they were both onto the ground. "Ow!" Jake groaned. "Are you okay?" Sam asked just as the door of the ice cream truck opened.

"Hello, Peralta." a shorter man in his mid 40s with messy and unruly grey hair said, pointing a gun at both Jake and Sam. She reached for her own gun but realized she had left it in her now locked car. Oh, they were in shit.

※※※

"Geoffrey Hoytsman? You're the one who's been sabotaging me?" Jake asked as the man tied him to a chair while Sam had been tied and made to sit down on the floor of the ice cream truck. Hoytsman had made Jake tie her while he held him on gun point. 

But when she struggled a bit and loosened the rope, she got taped up from waist to her collar. It was as if she was sitting wearing a straightjacket but made of duct tape. "I'm just ruining your life like you ruined mine. You never should have arrested me." Hoytsman said.