The Wednesday Incident-1

A/N: A bit shorter chapter but I hope you guys like it<3 Do vote and comment<333

↜↝

"All right, here's where we stand." Jake started the morning meeting. "This nightclub is the home base for the Maric crime syndicate. I've been tracking the club owner, Vladimir Drogic, aka The Dragon, aka my first perp with a cool nickname."

"What about El Baboso, The Dagger?" Charles asked whilst taking notes. "Yeah, turns out Rosa was lying about that. El Baboso actually means "the slug"." Jake said. "What about Horec, the swordsman?" Boyle suggested. "That means ferret in Russian." Sam commented, sharing a high five with Rosa.

"Ha ha, tonto. That means "dumb-dumb."" Rosa said, amused. "It was very cruel. I referred to myself as El Baboso to several beautiful Latina ladies." Jake revealed. "Oh, that's your type, isn't it, Jakey? Like Sophia and San-" "Anyway, The Dragon is involved in several counts of human trafficking as well as-" Jake interrupted him before Boyle could continue further but himself stopped as two officers came in to carry away his case-board.

"I'm sorry, what's going on? Who are you?" Jake asked. "Drexel with the Organized Crime unit. I'm here for the Maric case materials." Drexel, the man informed. "Oh, are you? Well, we'll see what my captain has to say about this." Jake said confidently.

"Thank you for taking the materials. Make sure you also pick up the files that are on Peralta's desk." the Captain said as the squad was now stood in the bullpen watching the men also take away the case file from Jake's desk. "Wow, that is not how I saw it playing out. Sir, I thought you said this was my case." Jake said, disappointed his case was given away.

"I gave you two weeks. I'm done fending off the Organized Crime unit." Holt said sternly. "Squad, since Peralta's briefing was cut short, you can all use this time to clean up your desks. Look at this place: half-eaten food, crumpled tissues, pictures of your families." he observed, not impressed by his squad of detectives. 

"What's wrong with pictures?" Terry asked. "If you love someone, you'll remember what they look like." Holt said, speaking from deep within. Sam and Nick only had the same picture on their desks, from their day out in the park with Marilyn. Sam had it framed while Nick had it taped to the desk wall along with a picture of him and Sam from the academy days. 

"What is this?" Holt asked, picking up a rubber band ball from Jake's desk. "Rubber band ball." Jake answered. "Keep your bands in a box or a bag. Since you all apparently have time to play throw, I'm canceling overtime for the month, effective immediately. Get to work! And de-ball these bands." he ordered his squad, throwing the ball into Jake's hands. Clearly their captain had been pissed all week.

※※※

The squad called stat and held a secret meeting in the evidence lockup, to escape the eyes of their angry captain. "What is going on? Holt's been in a bad mood all week. Did somebody do something to set him off?" Jake asked. "Jake, are you seriously asking why Captain Holt is mad?" Nick asked him with an incredulous look. 

"What do you mean?" Jake asked innocently. "The Wednesday incident." Terry reminded him. "No, no, no, look, I was the first one in on Wednesday." Jake immediately defended himself. "This story's already full of holes." Gina lurked at him.

"He was in a bad mood before those sprinklers went off. Something must have happened at home." Jake kept on adding to his defense. "Dude, just admit that you ruined everything and you turned our lives into a living hell." Rosa said. "Yeah. No biggie." Sam added.

"You guys, this is not my fault. Boyle, you believe me, right?" he turned over to his best friend who was holding back words that could turn poisonous at Jake. "Don't make me do this, Jake." "Betrayed!" Jake gasped. "All right, you know what? Fine. I'm gonna prove to all of you that something else is responsible for his bad mood. It's probably Boyle." Jake said before leaving.