Sabotage-1

A/N: Had fun writing this. Do let me know how you guys like it, keep commenting<33

↜↝

The noise of the telephone ringing along with the chatter of a few officers in the bullpen was still relevant as the detectives all sat in the briefing room listening to Charles' debrief, "The muggings were confined to Cabot Street. They began over two months ago-" 

"Just like this briefing did. Please go to charisma class." Gina commented as she sipped her coffee. She often spent her mornings in the first meeting of the day just to brighten up her mood by teasing Charles. Just then, Jake came in a hurry, late to the meeting, obviously.

"I'm here. I'm here. Sorry, Charles." he apologized immediately as everyone, including the Captain looked at him. "No, Jake. Never apologize for making an amazing entrance." Charles said, forever impressed.

"My power went out last night, and my alarm didn't go off." Jake reasoned. "Your alarm is power-dependent? You brought this on yourself, son." Amy scoffed, impressed of her insult on Jake. "The point is, it will not happen again. Carry on." he reassured and took a seat. 

The next morning, Sam was headlining the meeting when Jake came in late again. They all looked at him. "Sorry I'm late, Sam. No hot water this morning. But I'm here, ready to go. Will cause no further distractions." he apologized and sat. "Okay, so where was I?.." Sam shook her head and continued the meeting.

Even on the day after, he came in late but this time wearing a ridiculous attire as Rosa headlined the meeting. "Sorry, sorry, sorry." he apologized quickly. "Seriously? What is your excuse today?" Terry asked, frustrated that this was his third day of being late in a row. 

"More bad luck. My car ran out of gas, and then my clothes disappeared from the Laundromat. I had to beg one of my neighbors to loan me some of his." he explained. "That explains the outfit." Nick commented with a shrug as Sam sat next to him, taking down notes. 

"You never told us Sinbad lives in your building." Rosa said "If Sinbad lived in my building, I would have a tattoo on my forehead that said "Sinbad lives in my building."" Jake said, amused with that idea.

Finally, the morning after, he walked in early into the briefing room while the other officers had still not reported for the meeting. "I'm here, I'm here, I'm here, and I'm a half an hour early. That's right, my string of bad luck has finally come to an end." he came in celebrating while Holt was the only one stood at the podium.

"Peralta, you failed your drug test. There were traces of cocaine and methamphetamines found in your urine." Holt informed him monotonously. "What?!" Jake exclaimed in shock.

※※※

"Captain, this is insane. I don't do drugs. I mean, sure, a couple of my teeth are loose, but that's from dental neglect, not meth." Jake defended while in the bullpen. "Yeah, those tests are unreliable." Boyle spoke up. 

"Okay, let's not blame "tests."" Amy said earning a confused look from all. "I believe in you, Jake, but come on, he's going after tests." she reasoned. "Sir, listen: the missing laundry, the hot water, the power, the gas, now this? This is not bad luck, it's a pattern. Someone's trying to sabotage me." Jake theorized. 

"And who would want to do that?" Nick asked while at his desk, listening to the talk. "Probably someone I put away. It's the only explanation." Jake answered. "Or you didn't pay your bills and you only put a quarter gallon of gas in your tank 'cause you wanted to spend the rest on mini-mart beef jerky." Rosa spoke from her desk and Sam nodded.

"Wrong, I buy my jerky online from the world's top jerkmasters, so it looks like you need to update your jerk Rolodex, which is not as dirty as it sounds. Anyway, I can prove that I filled up my tank, all right? I even have a receipt, because I keep all my receipts like a mature adult person." Jake said, taking out a bunch of receipts from his pocket.