Jonghyun - End of a day

He knew something was wrong from the moment the door closed. His girlfriend's footsteps were heavy and he could hear her sniffling in the hall. She paused for a moment, presumably to get herself together, before walking into the living room where he could see her.

"Jagi, what's wrong?"

She tried to stay composed but her face fell instantly at his words and she burst into tears.

He was by her side in an instant, pulling her into his strong arms.

"Ssshhh it's alright, I'm here."

They stood there for a while until her sobbing had turned into sniffles again.

"Are you ready to tell me what happened?" Jonghyun asked gently, unfolding his arms a little so he could take a look at her.

"It's just, I feel so useless." Tears began running down her face again. "People hate me at work, and nothing seems to be going right in my life."

"Nothing at all?" Jonghyun pouted a little and she gave him a small smile.

"Except you of course."

He chuckled. "You're not useless. No one really is." He kissed her head and then took her hand, leading her to the sofa where he acted as a cushion for her. They just lay there in silence as he stroked her back comfortingly, her head pressed against his chest listening to his heartbeat.

Even just his presence was comforting. It was nice to know that even in a world that felt cruel, she had a safe place.

"I love you," said Jonghyun eventually, and she looked up into his beautiful eyes.

"I love you too."

"Don't let anyone make you feel less than. You're such a wonderful person with so much purpose." He stroked her hair, tucking it behind her ear. "You're my whole world."

She began tearing up again at that. He gave her an adoring look and reached down to give her a gentle kiss which contained all the love in the world.

The silence was soon broken by his beautiful voice, singing one of her favourite songs he'd ever written. Looking up at him in admiration as he sang, her heart felt lifted as she realised how lucky she was to have such a wonderful person love her like this. She wished she could give him as much as he gave her, as that was what he deserved.

"You're special, you know that right?" she spoke as she looked up at him.

He smiled. "Not as special as you jagi."

She sat up and stretched, feeling better.

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me, I just wanna see you smile." She couldn't help but start smiling as soon as he said that and he poked her cheek. "See? Like that."

Jonghyun felt like his heart could beat out of his chest with all the love he had for this girl. When she was hurt, he was hurt too, and when she was happy, he was higher than the birds. He'd do anything to make her happy, and he hated the way she seemed to think she wasn't special.

As she got off the sofa, Jonghyun surprised her by picking her up bridal style.

"What are you doing?"

"We're going to have a nice night in," he said as he carried her to their bedroom and plopped her down on the comfortable white sheets. "Come on, let's order in. We can get your favourite."

"You're the best." She smiled.

"I know." He smirked, and she nudged him.

He pulled back the covers and they got comfortable, snuggling up together. Jonghyun showed her a new song he was writing, saying that it was inspired by her. By the time they'd eaten she was so tired that she just leaned against him, allowing him to take her in his arms as she closed her eyes.

"I'll always be your safe space jagiya," was the last thing she heard before she drifted off.