Key - Blind Date

"I'm terrible at dating."

Key's friend sighed as they enjoyed a picnic together in the sun.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, the last date I went on was so awkward that I found an excuse to leave after 15 minutes. It's always like that: I never know what to say and it's so awkward that we both want to leave."

Key laughed. "That does sound terrible."

"Don't laugh!" She shoved him, pretending to be angry, but soon chuckled too.

"You know, I could help you with that."

"You?" She looked him up and down.

"Yah, don't look at me like that! I can help!"

"Alright then, how so?"

He straightened himself up. "I can practice with you so you know what to say. And," he looked at her faded jeans, "I can help you pick out an outfit."

"What's wrong with the way I dress?"

"What do you wear on a date?"

"I don't know, jeans and a shirt?"

"My point exactly." He raised an eyebrow at her and she had to admit he was right.

"Fine," she gave in, "but I hope you can help me soon because I have a blind date next week."

"I actually have one too." He thought for a bit. "How about tomorrow? I don't have anything on."

"Sure, let's meet up in town."

And so that's what they did. Key met his friend at a clothes shop to help her pick out some outfits. He certainly had his work cut out for him.

"Why don't we start with some dresses?"

Key went through the store and picked out several.

"Do I have to wear a dress?"

"We can pick out some other things too."

He loaded her arms with clothes and pushed her towards the changing rooms, where she put the first dress on. It was shorter than what she'd usually wear, so she hesitated a little before stepping out.

"What do you think?"

Key looked her up and down. "Not this one."

She tried several others on before one finally found favour in his eyes, a light blue dress.

"How about this one?"

Key didn't say anything for a while, just staring at her as she became increasingly nervous.

"Is it that bad?"

"N-no, it's nice actually."

Truth be told, he was taken aback by how good she looked. The dress emphasised all the right things, and showed off her long legs which he couldn't take his eyes off of.

"You have to take this one."

"Are you sure?" She shuffled uncomfortably.

"Yes. It looks good on you. You don't think so?"

She shrugged. "I guess so. I'm not used to showing off this much."

"Trust me, you look beautiful. You'll knock the guy dead."

She blushed at his words and hurried back into the changing rooms.

As Key helped her pick other options, he couldn't chase the image of his friend in that dress from his mind. Who knew she could look so beautiful?