Key - Date Night

It was date night and Key was hurrying along, heading to the plaza where he'd asked his girlfriend to meet him.

"You're here early," he commented when he arrived, taking in her flushed appearance. The nights were getting colder, so she definitely should have worn something warmer.

"Can you blame me? It's been so long since we had time for this."

Key felt a little guilty; his job kept him so busy that he didn't always have time to see her and do normal things like go on dates.

"I know, I'm sorry jagi." He shot her an apologetic smile. "Let's make the most of tonight, okay?"

He grabbed her hand but let go of it instantly, exclaiming, "yah, why didn't you bring gloves? Your hands are freezing!"

She shrugged, looking bashful. "I forgot."

"What am I gonna do with you?" Key mumbled, but he took her hands in his, rubbing and blowing on them to warm them up.

"Better?"

"A little bit."

He smiled and took her hand again, slipping it into his warm pocket.

"So, what's the plan for tonight?"

"I want to take you to see the Christmas illuminations."

His girlfriend practically jumped with joy, making him chuckle.

"Really? It's just like we said we'd do!"

"I didn't forget." Key smirked.

He guided her through the illuminations, his hand never leaving hers. They admired every light in sight, taking time to look at the details and laugh at some of the silly ones. Eventually though, he could tell she was cold, so he proposed they go to a café for some warmth.

"So, how was your week?" he asked after ordering hot chocolate for them both.

He listened to his girlfriend talk about work and some family drama that had gone down. He never tired of listening to her, just like she never seemed to tire of hearing him talk about his performances, music and creative ideas. She was special to him, and he wanted to make sure she knew that.

"Shall we go for a walk by the river?" he proposed when they'd finished their drinks.

"The river?" She looked puzzled. "Isn't it too cold for that?"

"It's beautiful at this time of night, you'll see."

He took her hand again and led her to the riverbank, where they walked in a comfortable silence until Key stopped, facing the water.

"It's lovely, isn't it?"

"You were right, it totally is."

"That's not all I wanted you to see though."

His girlfriend gave him a confused look, but he didn't say anything more. She followed his gaze to the sky where fireworks soon exploded, filling the sky with its bright and beautiful colours.

"Wow, is this for me?" She turned to him and saw a smile appearing on his face, making him look more cat-like than ever.

"It is. Happy anniversary, jagi."

It wasn't quite the day of, but she got up on her tiptoes and kissed him all the same.

"Thank you so much, Kibum. I love you."

"I love you too." He smiled, leaning down to kiss her again.

They watched the beauty of the show, and then he grabbed her hand once more.

"If you'd like, we could go back to my place to celebrate?"

He gave her a shy look and she squeezed his hand reassuringly.

"I'd love that."

Key smiled, and they began the walk back to his place, hand in hand.