Chapter 25: Conflicts and misunderstandings within the team

"Considering it's your first time participating in team battles, try not to slow the rest of us down," Wakiya mocked (Y/n), clearly trying to embarrass her. (Y/n) raised an eyebrow in response.

First time, he says? I would drag him back to reality about me having a ton more experience than him, not just at blading or team battles but pretty much everything in general. And not to mention, I'm practically the owner of my own team back where I live. But considering his small brain and huge ego, he's not ready for that information yet.

"Don't know about anyone else, but you'll definitely run out of energy faster than me," she said instead. "Technically, that will slow you down, if that's what you mean."

Personally, according to (Y/n), Wakiya had some nerve trying to mess with her after having a big argument just before the trip, but she hadn't forgotten it yet. Deep in her mind, other than the mess created by Tsujihara regarding her personal life (which was not involved in her plan), her other concern was to kick Wakiya off the position of team captain before it's too late.

For (Y/n), having to lead and manage Raging Bulls all the time seemed like a big task. But after getting herself involved with the Beyclub, she realized that having a team that wouldn't obey, is a much bigger task. She was more used to having herself heard, than taking orders from anyone else. Especially if it'll be someone stupid, like Wakiya.

"Ugh, forget it! I don't suppose any of you are even worthy," Wakiya said, desperately trying to mask his embarrassment after (Y/n)'s comeback. "I'll be surprised if you guys even knew how team battles work."

"Hey, what do you take us for? We've already had a team battle against the Swordflames!" Valt announced fiercely.

"This isn't like the one in Xander's Dojo," Shu humbled him without wasting a second. "Not king of the court."

"Uh, okay," Valt said sheepishly. "Please tell us."

"Hojiii~" Wakiya said slowly and proudly, almost enjoying Valt's ignorance upon the matter. "Mind spelling it out for them?"

Rantaro gritted his teeth at Wakiya's attitude. Who does he think he is? Knowing more about the team battles makes him a god or something?!

Hoji stepped forward to explain the whole working in front of everyone. In between, Shu helped him out by adding more details. It was mostly for Valt, but Rantaro and Daigo were able to hold onto a few pieces of information as well. (Y/n), Toko and Nika just listened quietly.

"Got it! So first we'll need to choose our teams," Rantaro said after the explanations were done. "Draws, toss, or rock-paper-scissors?"

"No need. I've already come up with the groupings," Wakiya said, confusing most of the Beyclub. "You must've found a card in your room, right? The colour of that card is the team you're on."

"And I'm out of it, because I'm not competing," Hoji informed and proceeded to stand at the side. Everyone else quickly revised the instructions and began meeting up with the members of their colour, assembling as teams on opposite sides of the stadium.

Rantaro, Valt and Shu ended up on the same team. (Y/n) didn't know whether to be happy or sad, considering she ended up with Daigo... and Wakiya.

"Oh, great," Wakiya rolled his eyes at her.

"Ugh," she replied with the same energy.

"I guess it is what it is," he sighed in defeat, and announced for everyone else to hear: "Let's begin, before I die of boredom!"

Valt, Shu and Rantaro of Team Red instantly made a circle and started to discuss the line-up with each other; with Valt begging to go first, and Rantaro guessing what number would Wakiya come up.