Chapter 5: I somehow managed to win against Shu

(Y/n) (l/n) ~

"Your bey spins both clockwise and counterclockwise, doesn't it?" Shu suddenly asked me, raising an eyebrow. Damn he's smart.

"Her bey what?" Valt asked.

"Looks like you've done your homework," I teased. "Yeahh, I just never had the chance to show you both of them." I tried to smile for it but finally gave up. Shu looked like he wanted to argue, but he settled for silence.

That bought me time to think about my strategy. Okay, then—

Storm Spryzen is a strong balance type bey. And Shu Kurenai, one of the Supreme Four and the second most powerful blader in Japan after Lui himself. Even I'm the third strongest blader, or at least considered so. We just never battled him so that it could be decided. I gotta be ready for anything.

It spins clockwise so it would be safe for me to use counterclockwise, or maybe the other way around. Probably by using counterclockwise and planning a head-to-head attack, I would get in serious trouble. Maybe he's really stronger than me.

Then that's settled, I guess. I'll use clockwise because thinking about Counter Break's power, I could not risk a head-to-head attack. At least not when I'm battling him for the first time. I've seen enough previous battles of him winning. That bey is really like a storm.

Shu Kurenai ~

We both took our stance. Mine was the Counter Break one and hers was that right-handed launch when she had battled Valt. Last time when I saw it, Sparyon was considerably slow in the beginning of the battle and sped up afterwards when she wanted it. Overmore, she will definitely opt for counterclockwise, again a straightforward attack like she almost always does.

"First Battle," Valt announced. "Ready? Set!"

"Three...Two...One...LET IT RIP!!"

Both beys were launched into the stadium but Sparyon went with clockwise spin.

What the..?! I did not expect this. Sparyon's trajectory felt so new to me. I've never seen it battle in clockwise ever before. It's true that I've watched her previous battle videos in clockwise but that was not enough.

Both the beys were circling around the stadium but Sparyon was speeding up and getting faster than Spryzen each second.

"Counter Break, Spryzen!" I yelled and engulfed in my red and golden aura. Spryzen obeyed, changing its direction and headed for Sparyon.

"Attack!" she called after me, and Sparyon hit the wall of the stadium and headed towards the centre where Spryzen was heading. Wow, that wasn't even a special move. I required Counter Break to change my bey's direction but she just had to tell it to attack. That only happens when someone is just too powerful.

Sparks flew from the tip of our beys as they collided at the centre. Clink!

And both of them went flying out of the stadium, landing behind us. Valt was surprised, looking back and forth between (Y/n) and me.

"Who got that one?" asked Rantaro.

"No that wasn't simultaneous," Valt murmured, knitting his eyebrows. Then he shook his head vigorously and announced loudly, "Stone Sparyon with a ringout finish. (Y/n) (l/n) gets one point."

I exhaled a breath I didn't know I was holding. She managed one point against me. One more and I'm down.

"Second battle," Valt called. We both took our stances again. (Y/n) took the Flux Boost's stance, the move that she'd used when she had battled Valt, Rantaro and Ken, but this time she went with the right-handed launch rather than left-handed like earlier. This is not going to be easy. She's definitely planning something. Last time I thought she would use counterclockwise but she did the opposite. My prediction was wrong. But this time I'm hundred percent sure she will use counterclockwise because she'll not try being in the safe zone anymore.