Chapter 16: Grandma Rantaro's time-wasting spiritual stories

(Y/n) (l/n) ~

Running into an annoying music-obsessed blader was NOT in my to-do list today.

Still feeling blank about Daigo Kurogami cheating in yesterday's battle, I thought I should try to clear my mind and feel something particular about the incident. So in hope of finding a peaceful place to think, I went to the town's main market and entered a random shop.

Maybe anyone will think why would I go to the market if I want to be peaceful. My definition of a peaceful place is where I'm away from bladers, especially the Beyclub. Yeah, there's also a forest on the outskirts of the town but it's dangerously near the Shakadera dojo. At least one of the monkey members will be hanging from the branches of trees (I'm talking about Xander, Ukyo and Yugo). No peace at all.

Then, there are the streets of Beigoma. You may think I can just wander the streets and may not run into anyone, but half the town knows that the twins are always on patrol. And by my luck with people, I'll definitely run into them.

My home was also one place, but it's getting boring there day by day. Same rooms, same chairs, same bed, same walls. I hate it. If anyone knows of some technology that can change your house map or wall colours as required, then let me know. There's nothing new or interesting there anymore.

Besides, everyone knows my address now so it isn't exactly peaceful there. Especially because of Valt and Rantaro. Even if I don't open the door for anyone, those people would never stop knocking. It's annoying as hell.

Considering all this, the market was the most appropriate place for me to find some peace. No blader in their sane mind would ogle the shops when the Regionals are up. The twins also wouldn't come here because there's nothing they'd find interesting. The Beyclub will be either at the Beypark, or in school. And the monkeys of the dojo would definitely don't get tree branches in the city market.

Sure there was a crowd of buyers and shopkeepers, but no acquaintances, so my tongue will be at rest. I like when I don't have to speak much.

The random complex I entered happened to be a nice and quiet music shop. Not many people were here, which was a bonus on my part.

Feeling content, I grinned to myself and walked down two or three aisles that displayed guitars and violins. I didn't have to buy anything, but I still noticed the different kinds of music instruments and song albums put on sale.

After some half an hour of peace and quietness, someone's annoying voice cut through my thoughts. "Hey, kid!"

I flinched and walked around a corner to come across a very old and angry shopkeeper. "I noticed you just standing there for the past ten minutes. What's your deal? You look kinda suspicious too..." He squinted his eyes.

I chuckled awkwardly. "I'm, uh, finding something good to buy."

He looked skeptical, but nodded anyway. "As long as you don't plan on stealing anythi-"

"Oh no, no, no," I waved my hands in front of me. "I'm just here to buy, um, an album. Yeah...just an album."

He waved his hand dismissively, walking back to his desk and sitting down again.

This world is so cruel. So much for seeking peace!

Thinking of acting natural, I aimlessly stopped in front of a shelf that had music albums stacked on it. Randomly, I picked up a disk and read its title.

Top ten songs of
🌟️ ZAC THE SUNRISE!🌟

I immediately cringed and a disgusted expression made its way on my face. Of all the singers out there, I had to come across Zachary's songs?