Chapter 1: Even four players result in a single winner

Shu Kurenai ~

"Okay, then let me search on (Y/n) and Sparyon," Toko told Valt, reaching for his iPad. He soon found something.

"Hear this, Valt," he paused and frowned at the written details, but continued anyway. "(Y/n) (L/n), the Champion of America, is an American-Japanese blader, holding the insanely famous title of The Golden Blader in Japan."

I thought everything was going pretty normal and I should've been chill about it but, clearly, no. I didn't even have time to register the details. The Champion of America. The Golden Blader in Japan. What if her statement to Rantaro earlier wasn't just bragging, afterall? But if she's so famous, how come I never heard about her?

Maybe because she came here just two weeks ago and she must be having the title way before that.

While I tried to comprehend the new mystery, Valt decided to focus on another piece of information. "American-Japanese?"

"American-Japanese," she replied.

"American-Japanese...?" Valt repeat his question.

"...American-Japanese," She repeated too, raising an eyebrow, challenging him to ask again. Taking another look at her face, Valt didn't.

"It means she's half Japanese and half American," I told him.

"That means she was born half in America and half in Japan? WHOA THAT'S SO COOL!" Valt said with practically shining eyes.

"No, Valt. That means – "

"Means my father is Japanese and my mother an American."

Valt's mind went blank. "...w..hat?"

She rolled her eyes and there was no point of discussion anymore. Explaining stuff to Valt was as difficult as trying to make dolphins talk. Toko continued, "Her bey, Stone Sparyon, is a strong and tricky balance type, holding the same position as The Supreme Four nationally."

I almost choked on the detail, even if I did a good job hiding my shock. As strong as The Supreme Four? I don't think there's any way... Okay, more serious training for the Districts from today. I don't feel like underestimating anybody with such an intimidating profile on the wbba website.

Valt and Rantaro were most amazed. I could imagine Valt planning to make me battle her (I wasn't so sure, though). He simply loved beybattles, and it didn't even matter who or when they're battling. Many times I've wanted to explain to him that everytime isn't the right time, but he never listened.

Toko had stopped reading and was staring at Nika, who was staring back in shock. For those twins, the Supreme Four have always been like heroes that can never be defeated; except if they fight each other. I could almost see the gears running in their heads.

"Continue," (Y/n) said, sounding bored. The short tension quickly faded and everyone was back to normal; or as normal as you can be after hearing information like that. "Finish fast. I can't wait to see Valtryek's moves."

"Hey! You can't ignore us like that!" Rantaro and Ken (Besu) protested.

"Yeah?" (Y/n) challenged. It was a simple gesture, but Valt and Ken had to hold back a very raging Rantaro from trying to hit her.

"The bey being very tricky and confusing, it's hard to figure out what move may come up next. It has the ability to change its direction in between the battle. It has crazy speed and special moves like the Flux Boost and Axe Counter. Sparyon hasn't given a single point to anyone in the Districts yet. It has won every battle in its first strike."