Chapter 8: When the Lord of Cuteness gets mad

"Stone Sparyon with a burst finish. (Y/n) (l/n) wins with a score of two to zero," the referee announced and the crowd cheered wild.

"And there you have it! Another impressive win from the Gold Blader (Y/n) (l/n) as she advances to the semi-finals!" Hanami said enthusiastically.

(Y/n) walked out of the arena and went to the bladers' waiting room. The semi-finals are up and she would be against Shu. She barely made it last time when they battled each other. Moreover, his shoulder is hurt so she was worried about it too.

It was easy to leave the decision on him the day he got hurt, but the way he battled against Orochi; it clearly showed that the problem was worse than anyone could've predicted.

This was a new feeling for (Y/n). She was worried about someone. She hadn't anticipated the situation properly before. Now that she's up against him and because she knows how severe his injury is, would she be able to go on her full power during the battle?

The battle wouldn't even be fair.

What should she do now? It'll be quite difficult to practice for the match when she doesn't even know what would be the condition of her opponent. It was easy to watch him battle against Orochi and struggle with his launch.

Not more than five minutes before when she was battling against Akiyoshi (Kuroshi, if you ask Y/n), she was all normal. But the moment she won against him and advanced to the semifinals, she became nervous. She knew her next battle would be against Shu.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Rantaro as him and the others barged into the waiting room. "That battle was epic!"

"Yup. It was awesome," Ken (Keru) appreciated her. "You totally won!"

"Congratulations for making it to the semifinals," Shu said with a smile.

"So, how're you feeling that your next battle is against Shu?" Toko smirked cutely. Shu smiled at him and looked at (Y/n) whose face was the same expressionless one, so the bladers couldn't quite interpret if she was feeling worried or something.

She returned each of their statements with a very friendly 'tch'.

All of them sweatdropped.

"Thanks," Rantaro pointed. "Is the word."

"Don't annoy me," she replied, bored.

Ken said with Keru, "I promise if you practice at the Beyclub with us for a week—"

"—we'll definitely teach you how to be nice," Besu finished.

"Yeah, just like the way we teach Valt how to not freak out when the spot lights are on him," Rantaro agreed.

"We can plan a one hour session just so you could act more human!" Ken (Besu) said.

"No, I don't think I need it," she said plainly. "I'm happy the way I am."

Toko pointed out, "But you look anything but happy."

"Do I look sad?"

"No?"

"Then of course I'm happy," she replied. "End of talking."

Rantaro looked at her suspiciously. "No. That's the problem. You look neither happy nor sad. You've gotta have some expression on your face! It will make us read you better. If we stay oblivious about you all the time, what kind of friends are we?"

She didn't reply. She just stared at Rantaro like a statue. Rantaro, on the other hand, didn't know what to do. Is that look of approval or disapproval?