Receiving Popplio!

It would officially be Day 2 of Sapphire's move to the Alola region. She'd slowly peek her eyes open, the sun having woken her up as it shined through her window.

The moment she realized it was morning she sat up with a smile on her face and quickly went to get changed. Thankfully she had done some clothes shopping yesterday when her and her mother were walking to the house.

She would have on a blue tank top and black shorts, her hair up in a ponytail. She would grab her bag, placing it over her shoulder before heading to the kitchen where her mom was making both of them breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After Breakfast..

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Sapphire dear, I got word that the Island Kahuna would like to meet with you on the beach today." Her mother says as she does up the breakfast dishes while Sapphire feeds their Furfrou that came with them from Kalos.

"Oh? Did he say why?" Sapphire asks and her mother nods. "Something about an island challenge, apparently it's tradition around here for Kids that turn 11 years of age." Her mother explains with a smile.

Sapphire would think for a moment before agreeing to go meet with him. With a wave to her mom, Sapphire quickly turned and headed out the front door towards the beach. When she arrived at the beach she saw a man standing by the water with three Pokémon surrounding him.

"Um.. Excuse me, my name is Sapphire and I'm looking for the island kahuna." Sapphire says nervously, not really being a very social person. The man would turn around with a smile, "Well Sapphire, you've found him! I'm Hala, MeleMele's Island Kahuna." Hala says shaking her hand.

Hala would then go on to explain what the island challenge is and how fun it can be for new trainers to get out and explore the islands. "If you choose to go you can pick out of the three Pokémon I have with me, which are Rowlet, Littlen and Popplio." Hala says, pointing to each one as he lists them off.

Sapphire's attention would instantly be drawn to the Popplio due to the excited look on its face and the flower on its head. "I think I'll take Popplio with me Kahuna Hala, she seems so excited about it." Sapphire says as she picks up Popplio, who lets out a happy bark.

Hala would nod and handed Sapphire the things she would need for her island challenge, explaining what they do before sending her on her way home to show her mother. When Sapphire returned to her home she introduced Popplio to her mom, who was happy to welcome the new Pokémon into their home. The rest of the evening was spent bonding with her new friend, Popplio even showing off with how it can blow bubbles, which never failed to make Sapphire laugh.