A New Friend & A Sparkling Evolution!

Sapphire was stood outside Ten Carat Hill the next morning, after yesterday's celebration with Guzma and Kukui. Sapphire was double checking the items in her bag to be certain she had enough to complete todays goal; Catching a Mawile.

"Hmm.. 25 Pokéballs, 10 Dusk Balls and 20 Potions. Seems I'm good to go!" Sapphire mumbles to herself before heading inside the large cavern entrance. Once inside she'd wait for her eyes to adjust to the darkness before beginning her search.

After about an hour of searching and dodging attacks from the many Carbink, Sapphire would finally stumble upon a Mawile. The Mawile would be practicing it attacks on a nearby rock but was startled when it heard footsteps approaching.

Sapphire would send out Brionne to help battle and weaken the Mawile. Both Brionne and Mawile were fighting hard to defend themselves, but eventually Brionne got a critical hit on Mawile, Sapphire taking this chance to throw a Dusk Ball.

1...

2...

3...

Caught! Mawile's data has been added to your Pokédex!

Sapphire would cheer and picked up the Dusk Ball, hooking it on her belt for now before pulling out her Pokédex. She would spend time examining the Dex entry and taking down some of her own notes and observations in a journal she got as a gift from her mother.

Once her entry was finished she called out Cutiefly and Mawile to get them the training they would need for the Kahuna battle. Most of the focus at first would go on Mawile, since she was the lowest level. But once she was caught up Sapphire started to train Cutiefly as the headed back for the cave entrance.

Once outside the cave Sapphire would stretch her arms above her head and praised her partners for their hard work. However, she was rather surprised when Cutiefly was surrounded by a bright glowing light. Once the light faded Sapphire looked to her friend to see that they had evolved into a Ribombee, meaning that they had hit level 20 during their training.

Congrats! Ribombee's data has been added to your Pokédex!