The First Trial & A Friends Evolution!

Sapphire would still be in the midst of training within the Melemele Meadow as she waits for Guzma to finish his trial. Sapphire would be finishing the training she wanted to do for Popplio since Cutiefly's training was already done.

Sapphire would be knelt down beside Popplio, feeding her some Leppa berries to restore her Power Points. This would be when Guzma returned from his trial, greeting Sapphire with a smile and wave.

Sapphire returned his smile and filled him in on how her training was going as they enjoyed the company of the nearby Bug Types. After talking for a while Guzma would challenge her to a battle.

This battle was to test how well Sapphire's training was really going. Sapphire accepted his offer and the two got into a heated battle, which Sapphire ended up winning. Once the battle was over a glowing aura appeared around Popplio, when the light faded it revealed that Popplio had evolved into Brionne.

Sapphire was so happy that her first friend in Alola had evolved and become stronger. She embraced Brionne in a hug before properly thanking Guzma for the battle. Guzma nodded and walked her to the trial site, wishing her luck before taking his leave.

Sapphire made sure her team was properly healed and that their power points were properly filled before heading into the trial site. She easily maneuvered through the cave and took out the Alolan Ratatta that she came across.

Eventually she came to what everyone called the Totems den and carefully moved towards the pedestal in the center of the clearing. When she got there a cry was heard from above and she just managed to move out of the way of the Totem Raticate, who jumped from the cliff above her.

Sapphire sent out Brionne and had her use Disarming Voice, which hit not only Raticate but the Ratatta that showed up when the totem Pokémon called for help. After a long and difficult battle Sapphire finally took out Totem Raticate and was finally able to claim the Normalium-Z, completing the first trial.