Meeting Guzma!

Sapphire would wake up the next morning and was informed by the lady behind the front desk that Kukui had gone on ahead of her. She nodded in understanding, returned the room key and thanked the kind woman before heading outside.

Sapphire raised a hand in front of her eyes to block out the bright light from the sun, letting Popplio out of her Pokéball. Popplio let out a happy bark before jumping onto Sapphires shoulder, nuzzling against her cheek.

This action would make Sapphire give out a small laugh, before the two headed on their way, down route one. The two made a pit stop at the berry fields, gather some berries for the Journey, with permission from the farm owner of course.

As the two left the farm Sapphire heard the sounds of battle up ahead and went to check it out. She had to admit she was curious but when she saw a boy fighting a flock of Pikipek with his Wimpod she knew he would need some help.

Sapphire had Popplio use Bubble on the Pikipek, which made them flee when they realized they wouldn't win against two trainers. Sapphire watched as the boy quickly turned and bent down, gently picking up a small Pokémon.

"Oh my gosh! The poor Cutiefly!" Sapphire says worried as she sees the badly injured bug being held in the boys hands. The boy looked at her surprised, shocked she wasn't scared of bugs like everyone else.

He quickly snapped out of his shock when Sapphire took the Cutiefly from him gently and told him to follow her as she rushed to the Pokémon Center. As they ran the Boy introduced himself as Guzma and told her that he was a huge fan of bug types.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the trip to the Pokémon Center.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Cutiefly is a Bug AND Fairy type?!" Sapphire questioned excitedly as she watched the now fully healed bug flutter around her and Guzma. "Heh, yeah it is, This specific one is a shiny too. Surprised ya didn't know it's typin' since ya knew it's name." Guzma says, letting out a small chuckle.

This made Sapphire pout, embarrassed. "That's because I'm still new to Alola! I only know about Cutiefly's from the pamphlets I've seen." Sapphire says, crossing her arms.

As Guzma and Sapphire talked they continued walking down the path to the first trial site. Guzma however was surprised when the Cutiefly decided it wanted to stick with Sappire and join her for her adventures. Sapphire let out an excited squeak and happily accepted her new friend.

Sapphire gently tapped a Net Ball to Cutiefly's head, watching as she gets a critical capture. Sapphire and Guzma would eventually arrive at the trial site, the two agreeing that Guzma would go first, then Sapphire would do hers once he was finished.

At this agreement the two went their separate ways, Guzma entering the trial site while Sapphire went off to train her two team members. Even sharing a few Pokébeans with them after watching them work hard to train.