-Prologue-

October 20th 2011

Dear Taylor,

Why would you say that? Why did you do that? You know damn well how I feel about you. I know you do. So why would you do that? I don't think I can see or talk to you again. At least, not for a while. I'm sorry, but I can't. I can't sit here and pretend like nothing happened. And I don't know how you can. Maybe we can try to figure this out when we're older? I don't know.

Love, Niahm.

I stared at the envelope in my shaking hands. I didn't want to give it to her. But i knew i had to. I couldn't go on like this. Not anymore. It had gone on for too long, and someone had gotten hurt.

I tensed up a little as James rested his hand on my shoulder,
"Do you want me to come with you?"

I nodded, my voice coming out quieter than I would've liked, "Please.."

James nodded, and held out his hand for me to take. I quietly took his hand, sniffling a little as we walked out. I'm glad he was here. I definitely wouldn't be able to do this alone. God, it felt like my heart had been torn out and stomped on.

"You want me to drive?" James offered.

"Yeah." I nodded. I didn't want to drive right now. I wasn't in the right head space at all,
"You know the address, right?"

"Yep, i know"

We sat in silence for the entire drive there and back. I could tell James wasn't completely sure what to do, but that was alright. I didn't expect him to know.

James stayed over for the night as well, but i didn't mind. I was honestly glad he stayed, and I appreciated the company. I didn't exactly want to be alone at the moment.

___

October 21st 2011

I stayed in bed the most of the morning. I didn't care if it was my birthday. I never cared much about it before and I definitely didn't today. James came in after a while when I didn't get up and he held me for a while. It was nice to have someone here.

After a while James was able to get me out of bed, although I wasn't too enthusiastic about it. If it was up to me, I wouldn't have gotten up at all. But he wanted to do something to get my mind off of everything. He dragged me out of bed and told me to get ready before running off.
I shook my head at him before grabbing some clothes and showering.

When I got out I walked out into the living room and saw him in the kitchen.
"James, please don't burn my kitchen down" I sighed walking up to him.

"I'm not! I wanted to make you pancakes because I know you like them, but uh- they're a little burnt..." He stepped away from the stove as I grabbed the pan.

"Why would you try and do this when you know you're not capable of cooking anything" I laughed slightly, scraping what was left of the burnt pancake from the pan into the bin.

"I wanted to do something nice for you!" He sat up on the counter, watching me fix the mess he'd made.

"I appreciate it, James, you know I do"

He sat there in silence for a moment and I opened my mouth to speak when I heard a knock on the door.

"Can you get that? I don't need you burning any more pancakes."

"Yep!" He jumped off the counter  and ran towards the door. I heard silence for a moment after he opened the door. I heard him close it again and I turned to him, slightly confused.

"Whoever it was left a letter and ran" He shrugged, the letter in his hand.

"Put it on my desk in my room, I'll check it later. Now, help me make these pancakes without burning anything."

___

I sat staring at the letter. I could recognise that handwriting anywhere. It was Taylor's. I wanted to open the letter, but I knew I shouldn't. I did the right thing and reading this would make me want to run right back to her. I couldn't do that. I couldn't let that happen anymore.

I grabbed the letter and carefully placed it in the drawer. Maybe one day, but definitely not today.