-3-

October 30th 2014

Taylor

I paced my room, my head spinning as a million thoughts ran through it.

I stopped as i heard a knock on the door,
"Taylor, sweetie? Can i come in?"

"Yeah..." I mumbled, running my hand through my hair.

I sat on the edge of my bed as mom walked in,
"Sweetie, are you alright?"

"Yeah." I nodded. I knew it wasn't believable, but i didn't want to admit it.

"We both know that's a lie, Taylor. What's wrong?"

"You know how me and Niahm just kind of...stopped talking?... And how the team decided to go to them about outfits for the 1989 tour?..."

"You're worried about that?"

"Yes... But- uh... When I said we just 'drifted apart', that wasn't exactly true..." I stared at my lap as she sat next to me.

"It wasn't?"

"No.." I shook my head, "Something happened and it- it was my fault... And they decided they didn't want to be friends... Which was completely fair."
I fiddled with my rings. I'd never actually told anyone about what happened that day. I felt guilty about it, but i couldn't go back in time now.

I didn't look up as mom placed her hand on my arm,
" I might not know what happened, but I'm sure it'll be fine. It's been a couple of years, right?"

"Yeah three years... But I'm pretty sure they hate me, mom."
It really had been three years huh... Three years since i fucked up a six year friendship.

"Well if they hated you, I'm sure they wouldn't have accepted the offer."

"You know they probably just agreed for the money."

"But they still agreed. They know that they'll have to be around you for this. They can't hate you that much."

"I guess..." I mumbled, falling back onto my bed.

"I'll leave you alone for now, but i promise you, it'll be fine."

I nodded, staying where i was as she walked out. I groaned, looking at Meredith as she leapt onto the bed.

"Hey Mer" I mumbled as she just stared at me, "I'm screwed, aren't I?"

"Meow."

"I know it's my fault and you know that I feel guilty about it!"

"Meow meow."

"I know! I know i should probably apologise but they'll probably ignore me, and they have every right to!"

"Meowww."

"Finee. I'll try. But if they ignore me, I won't say 'I told you so'!"

I sighed as Meredith ran out of the room and i stared at my phone. It wouldn't hurt...right?
I picked up my phone and opened my messages.