-6-

November 3rd 2014

Niahm

I sighed, checking the time. Fuck. 3am.

As soon as Taylor had left, I had started working. I'd decided not to remake the unfinished dress. I sure as hell wasn't going to wear it, so I may as well just adjust it to Taylor's measurements. I had plenty of the material left anyways. I'd get any other materials I needed later.

I opened my chat with Amelia. She should still be awake, so I sent a quick message.

'How's everything been since getting back?'

I put my phone back down and as I did, it immediately started ringing.

Huh. Weird.

I picked it up again only, to be more confused by the caller ID. 'Taylor.'

What was she doing up this late? And why was she calling me? I almost didn't answer, but there was something that wouldn't let me.

"Taylor? Are you okay?" I asked, placing my phone down and putting it on speaker.

"i- uh... I don't know- sorry, this is dumb, I should go-" She was obviously crying.

"Taylor Alison Swift, if you hang up right now I'm going to come over."

There was silence for a moment.

"Okay.."

"Thank you. Now what's going on?"

"It was.. A bad dream I guess.. Sorry this is stupid..." I heard her sniffle.

"Why call me? Isn't there anyone else who you could've called?"

Silence again.

"Not really..." She mumbled, "And I didn't want to go back to sleep..."

"...Do you want me to come over?" I sighed, running a hand through my hair.

"You'd really do that for me?..."

"if it makes you feel slightly better, sure.."

"Thank you, Vee..." Taylor made no attempt to correct herself. Maybe she didn't even realise. I wouldn't know.

But what I did know is that the way my heart flipped certainly wasn't good. Not again. Never again.

"I'll stay on the phone with you, mkay?"

"Okay..."

"Do you want to tell me any more about this dream?"

"...No.."

"Okay, that's fine." I grabbed my glasses and car keys, as well as the phone off my desk.

"why are you still awake?..."

"I was working, and forgot to sleep."

"Oh.. I do that sometimes.."

"I know, Taylor. I know." I headed downstairs, making sure Bean was okay before leaving.

We were both quiet for a moment as I got into the car, "I'll be there soon okay?.."

"Okay.. Thank you. I really appreciate it." She wasn't crying anymore, but she sounded exhausted.

"..anytime" I mumbled, as I tried to focus on the road. However, that was difficult when I was thinking about how many times I'd done this for her before.

Crying over an ex? I was there.
A bad dream? Again, I was there.
I would and have dropped everything for her.

Taylor's voice pulled me from my thoughts, "You said you didn't sleep because you were working, right?"

"Yeah.. Why?" I gripped the steering wheel slightly tighter.

"What were you making?"

I felt heat rise to my cheeks, "uh- instead of remaking that dress you liked, i- uh I was adjusting it to your measurements..."

There was a pause, "Vee that's so nice of youuuu"

Fuck. I hated the butterflies that gave me.

"It's nothing, Taylor. Really. I sure as hell wasn't going wear it" I laughed slightly.

"Yeahhh, I can't see you wearing that," She giggled, "Too sparkly for you, hm?"

"Definitely to sparkly for me" I smiled slightly, hearing her laugh. At least she felt a little better.

"Thought so" She sounded a little calmer now.

"i just pulled up outside, I'm gonna hang up okay?"

"Okay Veevee"

"Fuck.." I cursed as soon as I'd hung up.

She was going to be the death of me. I was sure of it.

I walked up to the building and saw Sam outside, "She sent you to get me?"

Sam nodded, "Miss Swift didn't exactly want to leave"

"That's alright, and it makes sense. Also I don't think she'll respond well to finding out you called her 'Miss Swift'" I laughed slightly.

He shrugged as I followed him inside, "She never likes it, Miss Reyes."

"I swear you only know formalities." I mumbled, but thanked him for letting me in.

I quickly kicked my shoes off and made my way to Taylor's room, opening the door quietly.

Taylor was sat on her bed with Olivia on her lap, humming softly.

I leant against the doorframe, a smile on my face, "You called?"

She immediately looked up, a big smile on her face, "You came!"

"Of course I did," I walked over to her, "You doing okay now?"

She nodded, "A little better. Thank you so much"

I sat on the edge of the bed, next to her, "The dream was that bad then?.."

She nodded as Olivia walked over her lap onto mine, "They've been getting bad recently..."

I sighed, "Well... If it happens again, call me, okay?"

"Okay..." She mumbled quietly as she leant against my shoulder, yawning.

I hesitantly pulled her onto my lap as Olivia jumped off of the bed, "Try to sleep, Tay..."

Taylor didn't try and argue. She just nodded as she layed down onto my lap. I gently ran my hands through her hair, humming quietly to her.

A few minutes passed and she was asleep. I, on the other hand, was far from it. I don't know why I was doing this. I was just going to get hurt again. Just like before. I knew this. I couldn't let her break my walls down this easily. I know damn well if Mel knew what I was doing right now she'd probably kill me. She had to deal with the aftermath of that day. I was a sobbing mess and her and mum stayed there until I slept. And here I was, risking my heart again.

God I was an idiot.

I sighed, my head against the wall. I wasn't sure what I'm meant to do. All I knew was that I wasn't going to leave Taylor here like this. She needed company right now, and as much as she hurt me, I knew I still felt something for her.