-8-

November 8th 2014

Niahm

I woke up slowly to the feeling of Lillian gently tracing shapes onto my back.

I turned my head to face her,
"Morning Lia.."

"Good morning Veevee" Her voice was soft and soothing.

I pushed myself up, still mostly asleep, "What's the time?"

"Just turned eight," Lillian checked her phone, "Am. Obviously"

I laughed slightly, "Alright"

I leant my head on her shoulder and rubbed my eyes, grabbing my glasses from the nightstand and putting them on. Lillian sat there quietly, obviously thinking about something.

"What's that pretty little head of yours thinking about?" I placed my hand over hers.

She smiled slightly and shook her head,
"It's nothing important. Anyways, don't you need to get ready to go to your mom's?"

"Yeah I probably should.." I yawned as I got up, "Have you got any clothes I could steal for the day?"

"Oh! Yeah of course! Just pick out whatever, I don't really mind" Lillian smiled, stretching as she got up.

___

It didn't take either of us that long to get ready, and soon we were in the car, heading to mum's.

Thanks to traffic, it took longer than I would've liked to get there, which would've been okay if it didn't cause another problem too.

Something I'd learnt from being friends with Taylor and now working with her again, is that the paparazzi were a menace.

I wasn't sure how they found out where I was going, and I wasn't thinking rationally enough to try and figure it out.

When I saw the late group of people with cameras outside of mum's I could feel my heart start racing.

"Fucks sake" I grumbled, tightening my grip on the steering wheel, "Lia, can you call mum and put it on speaker for me?"

She nodded and without a single word called mum.

It didn't take long for her to answer.

"Mamá?" I asked.

"Mija, are you okay? I saw the paparazzi outside?" I cod hear the concern in her voice.

", I'm going to try and drive to James's. Hopefully they'll leave after a while, do you think you could meet us there?"

"Of course, Mija. I will let you know."

"Gracias, Mamá. Sorry you have to deal with this."

"It's okay, Mija. Te amo. I will see you soon"

"Te amo, Mamá"

I sighed as she hung up and we drove past.

"Are you okay Veevee?" Lillian's voice was quiet.

I nodded slightly, "I just wish I didn't have to deal with this right now."

The rest of the drive was quiet. Neither of us were quite sure what to say, and I was hoping that James would actually be in. If he wasn't, I did have a key, but letting myself in has never really felt right. I suppose I couldn't really complain about that right now though.

The stress of that quickly left my mind as I pulled in front of James's house, and his car was there.

Both Lillian and I got out quickly, not wanting to be outside much longer. Hiding from paparazzi was way more difficult than it should be.

I knocked on the door, my hands shaking. Lillian grabbed my hand, rubbing her thumb against the back of it.

It didn't take long for James to open the door.

"Vee?" He looked surprised, "What're you doing here?"

"I- Uh. Can we come in? Then I'll explain."

He nodded, holding the door open for us. I quietly thanked him, as did Lillian after me.

"Niahm, Lillian! Hi!" Betty greeted us as we walked into the living room,
"Niahm, I love what you did with your hair!"

"Thank you" I smiled, "I haven't seen you in ages. How are you?"

"I'm good! What about you?"

"I could be better. Which is why I'm here." I looked towards James, "We were heading to mum's but there was a group of paparazzi outside. I told mum to drive here once they left."

"Oh shit." James cursed, "Is she alright?"

"I think so. She sounded calmer than I did." I sighed.

"Right. Why were the paps there thought?"

"Uh... I've been working with Taylor again, and that's not really easy to keep quiet."

I anxiously watched as James's expression changed. He knew how bad I was effected when it happened.

"Vee." As he sighed I felt my anxiety rise again, "Just don't get yourself hurt."

I had to hold back a dry laugh. It'd been a bit too late for that. I wasn't going to tell him though.

I slowly reached for Lillian's hand, taking it in mine.

"I won't." I looked down at my lap, "I can't say much but obviously everything is being kept professional."

"Good. We don't need a repeat of anything."

I nodded but I couldn't help but feel irritated. Did he really think I would put myself through that again? Did he think that low of me?

A knock on the door snapped me from my thoughts.

"That's probably mum." I said quietly as James got up.

I kept my gaze on my lap. I knew what I'd see when I looked up. Sympathy. I didn't want to see that. Not now.

I heard mum talking to James as he let her in. What would she think if she found out what happened last night? I didn't want to think about that. I don't even know how she completely feels about me working with Taylor.

But I felt like I needed to tell someone about what happened. Maybe I could call Amelia tonight? But she'd definitely freak out too. Everyone would. It shouldn't have happened. None of it. And I felt a pit of guilt form for even thinking of dragging Lillian into this. It was stupid. But I wasn't thinking.

Maybe something good could come from this. Just maybe it could.

I'll make the outfits for Taylor's tour and that'll be it. I don't have to hear from her after that if I don't want to. It could all be fine.