affection (dreamtale!royalty au) drafted

desc

    Upon discovering about the mystery that surround the forests, the young prince sought out into the dark woods. He used his personal rider to bring him into the middle of the forest and instead of making his way home he made his way towards the forbidden forest, trying out his luck to look for the myth and the rumoured little girl lost at trees. 

    I changed the trajectory of the story, got some cool inspo I liked
_________________________________________________________________________________

    PROLOGUE

    Evening dawns the kingdom in it's warm light, cold wind blows through the cracks of the castles walls. The throne had been empty for so long despite having two rulers in the kingdom. The twins had such a split end in personality, leadership and hospitality that even the kingdom are torn into two.

  In one side, there's prince Nightmare, the older twin, was murmured to be the cold king, strict in his orders and direct towards everything. Giving off an intimidating aura wherever he went. His ways of leadership aren't accepted by all since they found it unnecessary to have strict law and order set in a peacefully thriving kingdom. It's not like he's all dread and misery all the time, they had seen kindness from the prince, though he'd often throw off any good allegations of himself and seem to always set his reputation in a question to the villagers, making them lean more towards the younger prince's prescense most of the time. 

  On another, we have the younger prince, prince Dream. He was the talk of the kingdom, many villagers adored him for his hospitality and positivity. It is said every morning he'd visit around the town and come back to the castle before afternoon, helping those around and greeting the people in his morning walk. However good his status is amongst the townpeople, his leadership are often questioned to no end, specially by the older folks, as much as they love him. He's good in battle and did well in one but when it come to judging a character or making up his mind, often struggling with prioritising duties at hand unlike his much more calculated older brother. 

 Some had no problem with having two leader but obviously the people are worried are concerned of the split in power, thinking it anything bad were to happen to the kingdom everyone would only agree with one of the twins and would cause collision in choices made for the kingdom.

  After the death of the late queen, the evil man who had killed her cursed the kingdom to fall into chaos one day, killing all then the other kingdoms in his words. Can't say the kingdom wasn't shook by this, more so when they found a the skeleton twins under the Tree of Feelings, claming they're now the heir of the throne despite being toddlers then.

 How could they believe the skeletons words? Skeleton monsters are one of the rares and most powerful monsters the surface could have, they could sense the magic radiating from the two of them, they couldn't not believe them anyways for the queen never had other heirs they're aware of, not wanting to leave the kingdom in shambles the two instantly became the rulers for the kingdom, had been for a couple of years now,

  Of cours, they couldn't have two rulers for long and somehow the commoners had agreed upon one term of condition to find their offical ruler. 

  The first to find a Queen would be crowned King.

 No it's not as simple as they thought it'd be.

   Prince Dream had flat out told the people he's not interested to finding a queen, he's sure there are many lovely ladies out there but he couldn't see himself settling for anyone. He couldn't love someone just for the throne as he knows he'd need more than time to find the love of his life, admitting he couldn't exactly differenciate the feeling of platonic and romantic at times. Needing years of a lifetime to decide would be painstakingly long, and well, he is semi-immortal, he wouldn't be able to handle the heartbreak.