Chapter 12: Killing the Trio

.
.
.

Kumagawa's Point of View

.
.
.

As instructed by Najenda, Kumagawa and Bullat were aboard the luxury liner called <<Ryuusen>>

The scent of expensive perfumes wafted through the fragrant air of the ship, echoing the sounds of the gentle and pleasant sea breeze that blew through the wide, white sails, swaying under the bright morning sun.

The decor was sumptuous, with plush, shimmering-colored seats, sparkling chandeliers, golden ornaments, thick carpets, and other details that contributed to creating an atmosphere of discreet refinement.

On the upper deck, passengers were elegantly dressed and looked peaceful and relaxed, enjoying their moment of tranquility while sipping on sparkling, champagne bubbles that tickled their taste buds.

Most of these people were escorted by spotless uniformed bodyguards...

Despite the large number of potential witnesses, Kumagawa strolled nonchalantly on the upper deck.

The <<Minus>> did not care about being discreet.

Thanks to his power,
<<Manifestation of Imagination>>, he had erased any possibility that anyone could spot them, him or Bullat.

Furthermore, he was not worried about the person he was supposed to protect.

The likely target of their enemies was already surrounded by what appeared to be his personal guard.

So, not very convinced by such an enemy attack, Kumagawa leaned against a railing facing the canal before materializing a manga.

However, as our protagonist was about to start reading, he was surprised by a violent blow to the back of his head.

Kumagawa received this blow from Bullat, who was now standing in front of the <<Minus>>.
.
.
.

Bullat
(incensed)

Stop being so negligent, Kumagawa!

We are on a mission, and we are risking our lives here!

I don't dispute your extraordinary abilities... but you are taking all of this way too lightly...

Plus, you don't even know if the targets are on board this ship!

.
.
.
After that, Kumagawa sighed slightly, putting away his manga.

Seeing Bullat act in this way, Kumagawa couldn't help but think of Gagamaru, one of his <<Minus>> friends.

He often chastised Kumagawa for not taking things seriously enough.
.
.
.

Kumagawa
(smiling)

[Got it, Bullat-chan!]

[I'll go take a look...]

.
.
.
After that, Bullat moved away to search in the lower decks.