A morning together

Merlin's pov:

Arthur had gathered us all in the living room after we came back. The girls had said goodnight to us and went to bed. We all sat down watching Arthur tell us his ridiculous plan of getting a kiss.

"Gentlemen, to break this curse, we're going to have to work as a tightly-knit team. Which means, you do everything I say." He proposed.

"Excuse?"
"Huh?"
"What? No!"
"You've got to be kidding?" We protested.

He started pointing at different locations on the map he hung up. "Hans and Jack will search around the Dismal Lake." He pointed at the skull-shaped lake. "Triplets, you search the Caves of Despair." Now pointing at the skull-looking cave. "Red Shoes and I will go to Golden Goose Avenue." He finally pointed at the location on the map that was practically glowing.

So that's his plan, send all of us to the sombre places while he goes and has the time of his life. "Golden Goose Avenue, which happens to be your go-to place for dates." I called him out.

"We are going to focus on the mission. And then see where the evening takes us." He explained. "The only thing you're going to shop for on Golden Goose Avenue is rejection. And you can't even afford that." I shot at him.

"I like my odds. You saw what she did. An expression of affection. Every woman shows it differently." He pointed to the very red hand-shaped mark on his face, given to him by Red Shoes. It was kind of hard to take him seriously with him looking like that.

"You took your shot. You got slapped." Jack spoke up. Arthur then pointed at the mark again, "May I remind you, that this is the closest thing to a kiss anyone's had since the curse." Alright I guess that shut us up, we still weren't happy with his plan though.

"Let's work together to guide Red Shoes' feelings towards me, and Y/N's to one of you, so we can break the curse." "What about the rest of us who don't get a kiss?" I questioned.

"After I resume my princely form, the word about F Seven will be out. Ladies will be begging to kiss your green mugs." Everyone switched to hearing that. They began nodding their heads and agreeing with him. I wasn't. I still think his plan is ridiculous.

"This is not a plan, he's just out for himself!" I told them. Hans just told me, "A half-baked plan is better than none."

Arthur spoke up again with a smug smirk, "Don't worry Merlin, I have a big assignment for you." I sat back with my arms folded. "Big assignment?"

"Yes a big assignment, you'll have to wait until tomorrow to find out, now you're all excused." They all started to leave, I then remembered something that wasn't mentioned. "Wait what about Y/N? What's she going to do?"

"We'll just let her choose in the morning."

————

Y/N's pov:

My eyes fluttered open to see an orange and blue sky out the window, signalling that it was just hitting sunrise. It wasn't unusual for me to wake up this early. Most of the time I wake up between 6:30-8:00.

I got out of bed and looked over to see Snow still sleeping. She didn't take off the shoes last night, so she was still Red Shoes. I hope the shoes are comfy, considering they're heels as well. Using my magic, I changed my sleeping clothes into my normal clothes and changed my hair so it was neat again.

Slowly opening the door, I stepped out and closed it again, carefully in case everyone was still sleeping. Creeping downstairs towards the door, I opened it and sat down on the grass, admiring the beautiful scenery in front of me. I closed my eyes as I felt the warm breeze push past my face, blowing little strands of hair away from it.

I loved doing things like this as it made me feel calm, it made me feel like all of life's problems didn't exist. A sound behind me brought me back to reality, as I noticed that the sun was fully visible. I looked behind me and saw Merlin standing by the door, worry on his face. He smiled once he saw where I was.

I smiled and said softly, "Hey, are you ok?" He nodded and joined me on the grass. "I'm ok it's just, when you come down in the morning to see the door wide open. You tend to panic. What are you doing out here so early princess?" He asked.

I looked back at the view and answered him, "I'm sorry, I didn't know you were up. And this is basically part of my morning routine." The breeze started to pick up a bit more. I couldn't see it but Merlin looked at me with confusion.

"Why? Don't you get bored sometimes?" He asked looking back at the sky. "Not if you don't look at it properly." I readjusted myself so that I was sitting with my lower legs crossed and my hands placed behind me on the ground. "You see for me, everywhere you look there's something different to inspect. Like clouds, birds, trees, and the colour of the sky. It's just so mesmerising."

I closed my eyes again trying to get that feeling from before again. I felt a hand being placed on top of mine and Merlin's voice, "It's not as mesmerising as you." That caught me off guard, I felt my cheeks going red and my mouth turning into a small smile, god I hoped he didn't realise. Wait, why does his hand feel human again?

My eyes opened once more as I looked down at the hand that was holding mine to see it was still the small green hand that belonged to the dwarf who was looking at me lovingly. We both saw that we were looking at each other and quickly averted our eyes.

I heard he was about to speak again, but something stopped him. I looked back to see most of the orange was gone, meaning that the sunrise was over. Standing up, I take my hand away from his, "This was nice. Thank you for joining me, even if was only for a bit." I told him.

He stood up as well, "N-No worries, I couldn't leave you alone out here anyway." He stuttered a bit. I found that a bit cute. I walked back inside thinking he would follow, but when I looked back. He was still standing there, staring at me.

Merlin's pov:

She was so amazing. The way nothing can bother her. The way the wind blows against her hair. It's all so perfect. I place my hand on top of hers and we sit like this for a couple minutes.

She opens her eyes and looks at me, turning me back into a dwarf. God, I hate this curse so much. But at least it's showing us people's true colours, like Y/N's and Red's, they treat us like we're still human even though we look like this.

We both realised that we were staring at each other and turned to look away, making me human again. Okay now it feels a bit awkward, I should say something, but what?

I open my mouth to try and say something but nothing comes out, like I was stumped. This has never happened before, I'm usually an expert when it comes to talking with women. What is this woman doing to me?

She gets up, making our hands separate and she turns to look at me. "This was nice. Thank you for joining me, even if was only for a bit." She said. I followed her actions and stood up as well. "N-No worries, I couldn't leave you alone out here anyway." Stuttering, who am I?

She began to walk inside but stopped at the door and looked back at me, probably waiting for me to follow her. I didn't though, I just stood there, staring at her. She finally walked inside.

As I was still staring at the door I noticed something at the corner of my eye. The Bunny from last night was standing in the little cabin we built and it was looking at me like it was smirking.

"Oh, what are you looking at." I said to it and walked back in.

————

Authors note: Might not update tomorrow as it's Christmas but we'll see. Not promising anything.

I hoped you liked this chapter, I thought I should do a calm, nice one for today and try to give Merlin and Y/N more time together.

Anyways that's it. Hope you like the story so far and Merry Christmas!