𝙾𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚝 1: 𝙷𝚘𝚠 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚗𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚑𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚛𝚊𝚒𝚗?

Context: It's been a few months after the Red shoes incident, the rest of the F7 have broken their curses and found their true love. Merlin had asked Y/N to move in with him and the rest of the group to which she immediately agreed. Everything was perfect. She got on well with everyone, even Arthur (after Snow forced her to spend the whole day with him).

Today, Y/N and Merlin decided to take a walk through the forest and spend more time with each other. However, their lovely walk gets ruined by the pouring rain, well, in Merlin's eyes it got ruined. But Y/N is delighted by the water drops.

————

Y/N's pov:

"Wait, so let me get this straight. You were all squashed together underneath a single table and the professor didn't even notice? You're lying, that's not possible." Merlin laughed as I told him one of my favourite moments whilst I was attending Magic School.

"You're right it wouldn't be unless one of us were given the gift of invisibility." In the wizardry kingdom, everyone had at least one power that they were born with, my old friend Haley was born with the talent to make objects, including herself, invisible. If you wanted to specialise in multiple talents you had to learn them manually. However, if you were a royal born, like me and (B/N), you'd have up to five talents. It would be rare for even a pure royal to have more than five.

"Haley, bless her heart, used all of her strength to completely cover all six of us and keep up the barrier until we were certain Professor Ares had left." I finished.

"And you guys did all of that because Sean had accidentally left potion traps all around the classroom?"

"Sean was a bit of a troublemaker. Him paired up with Felipe was every professor's nightmare." I laughed remembering all the times the two were put in detention.

I looked up at the sky and noticed that the light grey, Autumn clouds that were above us when we left home had drifted off, letting a few darker clouds take over. Now that it was Autumn, the warm breeze had started to fade into a crisp wind. The bright, vibrant, emerald leaves were changing to a warm, pumpkin colour. Everywhere you walked in the forest, a single leaf would be gliding towards the damp ground.

I felt Merlin wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer to his side. I lean my head on his shoulder as we venture more into the peaceful forest. This is nice. Merlin is nice. Nothing could ruin this.

*loud rumble*

The two of us stopped as our attention was brought back up to the sky, which was now completely covered in the dark clouds. Almost immediately after the thunder, I felt cold drops softly hitting my face, the rain increasing every second. Again, nothing could ruin this.

"Oh no."

Well, not for me at least.

"Why does it have to rain now? Of all times of the day." My boyfriend complained beside me.

"Oh, it's perfect for something like this." I closed my eyes and hugged Merlin's arm, a smile plastered on my lips.

He scoffed, using his free arm to cover the top of his head. "I beg to differ. Maybe we should head back." He suggested, turning to walk in the opposite direction. I grab his hand and stop him.

"Oh come on Mer, haven't you ever wanted to just go out in the rain and do whatever you'd pleased?" I asked him. By now my hair was already damp and starting to stick to the sides of my face. But I didn't care.

"Well, no not really. In fact, I actually hate the rain. It's annoying and-" I cut him off.

"You hate the rain? How can anyone hate the rain?" I questioned, bewildered by what Merlin had just told me.

"How can you not?" He questioned back. He began to go on about how he despised the 'gloomy' weather and that nothing good ever comes with it.

I felt a lightning bolt go off in my head, a smile forming back onto my face as I went over my brilliant plan. "Well...have you ever been stuck in it with someone you care about?" I ask.

Merlin looked at me, confused. "What would that change about it?" "Everything. It changes everything. Alright, I admit it, being alone in it kind of sucks. However, when you're with a person you're fond of, whether it's family, friends, or partners, and none of you have a care in the world, it's the best thing ever. You can run, dance, splash each other with puddles, heck you could even trip over and you'd both be on the floor laughing until you're sore."

There was a moment of silence between us, I could tell Merlin was thinking it over in his head. The thought of doing all of that. Being with the person you care about most. "Dancing, you said?" He smirked.

'And the plan has been put into action.'

"Why, yes, I did say dancing." I smirked back. He stretched his hand out to me, placing the other behind his back, bowing a bit. "Well, then, would you mind joining me in the rain, Princess?"

I giggled and faked curtsied, "Of course, my Prince."

I took a hold of his hand and he gripped it gently, pulling me in so that his other hand was placed comfortably on my waist.

(I'm not gonna write the dance scene as I'm already doing a bad job of writing this oneshot

(I'm not gonna write the dance scene as I'm already doing a bad job of writing this oneshot. I'll leave it up to your imagination.)

Merlin spins me one last time before slowly dipping me. We stay like that for a bit. "So," I began. "What do you think of the rain now?"

"With you, darling, I never want it to end." He leaned down and placed a soft kiss on my lips. I immediately kiss back, moving the hand that was on his shoulder to his cheek.

Once we had parted, he brought me back up, his hand staying with mine. "I love you." He told me.

"I love you too, Merlin."

....

"Okay we need to head back now or else we're gonna catch a cold."

————

I hate this 😭

I need ideas PLEASE because I can't come up with shit. Hopefully some of you liked this. Maybe if I make more I'll get better at writing them.  A few of you might have noticed that I used the quote 'How can anyone hate the rain' from that TikTok audio. I love it sm.

Right, I'm tired so I'm not gonna go to bed.

Goodnight 👋🏻👋🏻