The big assignment

Y/N's pov:

Later on in the morning, after everyone had gotten ready. We met outside, where Snow was handing out some of the posters she made to the dwarfs. "Here you go. I drew these up last night."

They had a look at the drawing and Hans commented, "I can't tell if this drawing is terrible or really avant-garde." She gave one to Merlin as she said, "Oh my neighbour's a great art teacher. Pablo Picasso?." He is a great teacher actually, and very nice as well.

Merlin also commented once he had a look at it. "One thing for sure, daddy's on the big side...of big." He awkwardly laughed. "You must take after your mother." He continued.

To me, I think Snow takes after both, physically and on the inside. I miss Queen White, she always acted like a second mother to me when I was hanging out with Snow when we were younger.

"No, I look a lot like papa-Oh. Yeah, my mother. Gosh! We...exactly, twins!" She tried to cover her mistake. Arthur walked in between them and started taking charge. "Alright, You know the plan. Let's go. Deploy, Thunderdwarfs are a go!" Snow giggled at him.

He motioned for her to go and she did. He blocked mine and Merlin's path though. "And where'd you think you're going? Your post is right there." He told him pointing to where the bunny was being kept.

"You'll watch the savage monster."
"I call him Vicious!"
"I call him Woodbottom." The triplets said to him as they walked past. Jack was about to say something as well but I couldn't hear as Arthur had grabbed my attention.

"Now you, my Lady, we didn't know which post you would want so we're going to let you decide." He offered. I looked at the others, who were waiting for my decision, I looked back at Merlin to see that he was also looking at me. I turned back to Snow, to see if she was alright with my decision.

She gave me a smirk and nodded that it was alright, "I think I'm gonna stay here with Merlin. Keep him company." Facing him, I saw him smiling at me and returned a smile. "Alright suit yourself, now come on everyone let's go."

I walked over to him. "Hello again." I spoke to him softly. His smile grew as I continued walking over to where the bunny was kept. I grabbed the two nearest barrels and sat down on one whilst patting the other. "You gonna join me?"

He nodded and sat with me as we talked.

————

We were both laughing as Merlin was telling me about some of the funny adventures he and the others have gone on. "Gosh, it sounds like you've all had some great times with each other." I said.

"Yeah, we have had some great moments together." He paused as he tried to get his breath back from laughing too much. "Tell me something about you." He said softly.

I huffed out in thought, "What do you wanna know about?" "Well...we know who Red takes after, what about who you take after? Your Mother or Father?"

Oh, this one was easy, it's not like I was told every day of my life. "My mother, easily. Before he died, my father would tell me every chance he got that I reminded him of her. But, if we're looking personality-wise, I would have to say my father." I explained.

"Why? What was he like?" He questioned, sounding curious. "Well after my mother passed when I was three and my brother was five, my father was my only parental figure in my life, apart from Reds parents, so I based nearly everything about me on him."

I looked down at my hands. I felt my smile slowly turning into a frown as I remembered my father. A small hand had grabbed one of mine and squeezed it in an attempt to comfort me.

My gaze went back to Merlin and his face had sympathy written all over it. "Well, I'm sure they're both in a better place now, together." My frown turned back into a smile, except this one was a little more sad.

Our hands separated as I thanked him for making me feel better. 'He is quite a charmer.' But that doesn't mean anything. Right?

"So how about you show me more magic?" He suggested, smirking at me. "Hmm." I jokingly put my chin in my hand as I was thinking about it. "Alright, what do you think of this little trick?"

I placed my palm flat in front of us and waited a few seconds. Then, colourful bright sparks shot out of it. "Fireworks?" He stared at them, mesmerised.
Authors note: I tried putting a gif of Loki doing his firework trick since that was what I was basing it off but it wouldn't let me 😭.

"Yep, my brother showed me this all the time when we were younger to make me feel better, it always worked." He tried to touch it but his hand went right through it, I giggled as he looked at his hand confused. "It's also an illusion."

"Ah, that makes sense. What else can you do?" He asked, eager to see the other things I can conjure. "Maybe later. If I think you deserve it." It was his turn to smirk now as he pouted playfully.

He grabbed a carrot out of a bucket in front of us and chomped down on it. We noticed the bunny giving him the 'Seriously?' look. I mean I would too if someone was eating my food.

"Don't look at me like that. I'm the real prisoner here." He moaned. "Hey!" I said, pretending to sound offended. "No no, you know what I mean Y/N." He said quickly making me chuckle.

He noticed that the bunny was eyeing his carrot. "What? You hungry?" He lifted it as if he was going to throw it. "And fetch!" He said loudly, tricking the bunny into thinking he threw it.

"Aw come on that's mean." I told him making him laugh, "Alright I won't do it again."

It seemed like an idea had hit him as he looked back at the carrot. "What are you thinking?" I asked. He ignored me and got up, unlocking the door so the bunny could come out.

I stood up abruptly as it came hopping out. I backed up as it came towards me slowly. Noticing this, Merlin came in between us and put his hand up, in an attempt to block him from me. "No! You leave her alone, okay? Or I'll put you back in." He said protectively.

He swiftly grabbed a carrot, caught its attention, and handed it to me. "If you show it that you're not a threat, it'll stop chasing you." He whispered to me. I looked back at the bunny, seeing that it was still looking at the vegetable in my hand.

I threw the piece of food towards it and it had managed to catch it in its mouth. I waited a few seconds to see what would happen, but it just stared at me. "Huh? Good thinking." I told him as I went to put the wooden animal. "I know." He said smugly.

"Now let's go." He clapped his hands as he grabbed the carrot bucket and jumped onto the bunny's back. "Why? Where are we going?" I questioned. "To stop-I mean to help Red Shoes and Arthur. If we're watching the bunny, we might as well give it some exercise." He explained.

He offered his hand to me, but I didn't take it. I was a bit nervous. He took notice and told me, "You won't fall, I'll make sure of it, princess."

After a moment I finally moved my hand towards his. He grabbed it and quickly pulled me on. As I adjusted myself Merlin had started throwing carrots down for it to follow. I wrapped my hands around his waist and buried my head against his back as it started hopping.

Third pov:

The two were riding the bunny through the forest towards Golden Goose Avenue. Y/N had gripped Merlin's waist harder as they picked up the pace. Now in his human form, the prince had gone red feeling the princess's hands around his torso. To him, they felt both warm and soft, like he could hold them all day.

'Arthur's not going to be the one breaking this curse first.'He thought hopefully. He asked himself though,

'Why am I going there though?'
'Because of Red Shoes.' He argued with himself.
'But what about Y/N?'

The boy was now conflicted as he turned his head to look at the princess, who he also could see was resting her head against him, eyes closed tightly. He smiled lovingly as he thought how cute she looked.

————
Authors note: Merry late Christmas everyone! Hope you had a great day! A new chapter for today! I hope you liked it!