Chapter 7

Eda's heart ached in her chest, she breathed fast, struggling to, holding her head, she bent in two in worry.

"Eda, nefes, sakin ol." Serkan couldn't help say as he drove fast, heart burning with worry.

Eda looked at him distress marring her face, she had taken Kiraz from him ? Karma seemed to hit her right where it should, wanting to take her from her the day he found out.

"She is sick. Myeloid leukaemia. She bleeds excessively. I am always careful she doesn't even bruise herself, I don't let her play outside, I carry her most of the time." Eda panicked, holding her head.

She recalled how clingy Kiraz was in the morning in her feverish state. "Burakma Anne.." She had said gripping her shirt. Eda's heart shattered.

"Kizim benim..." Eda began weeping against her hand. Serkan glanced at her, trying to keep composure but failing.

His face contorted with worry. "Merak etme." His hand reached out to rub her back but he stopped himself, closing it in a fist and bringing it to his lips in anguish.

-

"Noldu ? How did this happen ? Hala ?" Eda asked panicked finding Ayfer sitting in the corridor.

Ayfer looked down, this was bad. "Eda, it's all her fault." Ayfer pointed at Aydan standing in a corner arms crossed.

"Anne ? Napiyorsun burda ?" Serkan asked heart aching. He hoped to god this wasn't again a blunder made by his mother.

"My fault ? You hit her you psychopath! I will make sure this becomes a police case!" Aydan accused warning and Serkan held her back. "Anne!"

Eda looked at Ayfer her face crisping in pain. "One day Hala, one day. I asked for you to take care of her one day and you..." Eda's voice broke, she held her face in anguish, shutting her eyes.

"You! You're the most irresponsible person I have ever seen, how dare you hide my grandchild from us in the first place!" Aydan shouted at Eda.

Eda looked at her in shock. How easy for everyone to claim rights on Kiraz now, when nobody was ever there for her. She raised her daughter all alone.

"Anne! She is worried as it is, let her be." Serkan held Aydan by the shoulders.

"You're defending her again ? This witch slapped your daughter and pushed her against a table!" Aydan pointed at Ayfer.

Eda's eyes widened. "How could you Hala, she had fever, she couldn't even get up from bed." She wallowed taking a distance from them and pacing, worried for Kiraz.

A doctor rushed in the emergency ward, and then out, her blouse full of blood stains.

"Pardon, I'm that little girl's Anne, can I just know how is she ? What's going on ? Lütfen ?" Eda asked asked her, begging almost.

"The head trauma caused intracranial haemorrhage, and with her condition, it's hard to stop, she was vomitting blood earlier, you pray for her."

Eda's eyes widened as her resolve broke, she put a hand on her lips and sobbed, bending in two. "Kiraz..." She sank to a chair nearby and held her middle, crying.

Serkan saw her exchange with a doctor from the distance but couldn't hear, then saw her reaction and his heart sank.

He made it to her, nerves wracking in concern about Kiraz.

"What did she say ?" He asked in worry.

"She's throwing up blood, she's bleeding inside the skull, they're trying to stop it but if the pressure gets too bad..." Eda shut her eyes and sobbed, hands gripping the edge of the chair.