Chapter 9

Serkan picked the papers and began reading. She was giving up her parental rights and handing Kiraz's custody to him ?! Why ? Out of all things he expected.

He looked at her in confusion then back at the second document and his eyes widened in shock. It was written that he would back from the transplant unless she handed Kiraz's custody and exclusive parental rights to him. Shock knocked the wind out of him as he looked up at her, mouth agap.

"I didn't make these!" Serkan justified, panic filling his voice at the implications of what she was believing.

He would never snatch a child from its mother, let alone Kiraz from Eda. If Eda asked right now he would never see Kiraz again but he would never ever want to split them.

"You're lying, it's your signature, you had memory issues not me, I remember your handwriting perfectly!" Eda threw back and Serkan shut his eyes, what a moment to throw his memory in, but he knew deserved it.

"They are but I never approved of this, I would never ask you to give up on Kiraz, what nonsense is this ?" Serkan asked himself as he read again trying to understand.

"You want to get back at me for not telling you about Kiraz, but I never imagined you'd fall so low!" Eda screamed at him tears lacing her voice.

"I didn't do this Eda!" Serkan rose his voice and said firmly.

"I never thought you'd be so cruel, I came to you initially because althought you didn't want me and broke up with me, I thought you were a nice human being and would help out someone in need but you turned to be worst than I had ever imagined, I - " Eda's furious rambling was stopped as Serkan grabbed her arm and pulled her closer.

"Eda! I did not do this!" He firmly said trying to catch her eyes.

"You're lying to me!" Eda pounded a fist on his chest and Serkan's hand moved to grab her face.

"Bak bana, bak bana Eda... you think I can do this ? I would never separate Kiraz from you. I would help any child on the street if a transplant could save their lives, I signed up to be Kiraz's donor way before I learned she was yours or mine. She is my daughter, I am doing this transplant with no back agenda in mind. Please believe me. I did not make these papers." Serkan poured holding her chin.

Eda could feel his hot breath on her face and searched his eyes, panting herself. She heard his heart beat fast, erratically fast against her own chest, she could once tell what he felt just by his heartbeat. Something in his eyes, the love, or pain, or pure honesty in them told her he was saying the truth.

She blinked, swallowing and Serkan realised how close they were, his eyes fell to her lips and he swallowed, he backed, removing his hand from her chin to place it on her arm instead and tone the thick tension between them. "I am not taking her away from you, Kiraz is your baby." Serkan promised.

"But... there is a custody case, your lawyer came yesterday and.." Eda stammered, panting and looking at him.

"Ne custody case ?" Serkan asked. "Why would I claim custody Eda, on which basis ?" Serkan asked, blood curling. What kind of a person he must be in her eyes ?

"Here, this is it, we have a court hearing wednesday." Eda pulled more documents from the file she had in her arms and showed him.

Serkan read along the lines and his eyes widened. "I didn't file for any custody case!" He yelled at the papers, and then, realisation dawned upon him. There was only one person he had spree signed documents from without looking recently.

"Who brought these to you Eda ?" He asked.

"Your lawyer! The police came too and they interrogated me, went through my data.." Eda explained, breath itching and Serkan shut his eyes.