Chapter 1

Hey everyone!!! This is the first story I've ever written so please go easy on me - and any tips are welcome!!! ;-)

Many thanks to @xXNightandDayXx for making the beautiful cover at the side, she also made me a beautiful banner :D I'll put that up on the next chapter!! :)

The song at the side is Breakaway by Kelly Clarkson :))) I think it suits the main character's feelings in this chapter :DD lol! (I think I say that WWAAYYY too much! what do you think? lol!!! - There I go again...) 

Copyright © 2011 Sophie Kingsley 

All Rights Reserved

COPYRIGHT: This story, "Save Me From Secrets" including all chapters, epilogues/prologues and associated content (i.e. fanfics, teasers and content within blogs, social networks and eReaders.) is copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. All rights are reserved by the owner and creator of this work (S Kingsley.) and any unauthorised copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law.

Chapter 1

As I walk down the Retrevende Avenue towards my doom... Okay, maybe I'm being slightly dramatic. Actually, no I'm not. My parents are that bad. I hate what they force me to do; okay, maybe I do like to sing; a lot. But I hate acting, it's become so boring to me over the years. And one other thing. I.Can't. Dance. The only form of dance I like even slightly is tap. I love to hear the beats coming from my feet. Wow, that rhymed... Okay, straying off the subject here. Plus, if you get it right - and it sounds good - people look at you like 'What the...? How did that come from your feet?!'. It's an amazing feeling.

Alright! Forget the 'like' I love to sing! And I'm a Gymnast! I know, it's an extremely random combination. But, you can't help what you love! God, I sounded like a soppy, blonde bimbos just then...

Which brings me to my next point:

I am not, and will never be, a cheerleader. I may be flexible, but I'm not one of those gooey, weak as dishwater, with a personality to match, sluts. With their

"Hi! I'm a fake bitch with loads of 'pep' and fake blonde hair and 'cheering' and revealing, slutty clothes."

Ugh! I swear, they make me physically sick.

You do not want to know what happened to the last person who called me a cheerleader. Let's just say I'm... Experienced in fighting. So they had to leave town. Very suddenly. I guess the death threats just got too much for them... Alright... Maybe I wouldn't have killed him, especially since he used to be my friend. People wondered why Mike Loree left so quickly... 

So, you've been warned.

I stalk down the road as these thoughts roam through my head, a scowl settling on my features and my back hunching. My feet desperately trying to slow down my pace as I stride closer to my house. I gloomily remember that my birthday is coming up next week. I'm not going get excited, I remember the day last year. They didn't say one word about it to me. Well, nothing except,

"Here, buy yourself something nice." Then handed me... a pound coin. Yup, that's right! A pound. What did they think I would get? Sweets? I was turning sixteen! Not three!

It's almost as if they're not parents anymore. As if they're robots or something. They used to be fun and loving, only making us rehearse when we wanted to... I should explain about the 'us' I'm talking about. My brother, twin brother, to be exact. He disappeared, when we were twelve. They had always preferred him over me, as he was a boy, and was more likely to make it in "The Business", but they still showed affection towards me. However when he had a ballet class, or a drama lesson, etc., and I had one too, I either had to walk, take the bus, or just not go. They somehow managed to find a way, in their heads, to blame me for my brother's disappearance, even though I wasn't there at the time. They've shut out all emotion towards me ever since.

I shake my head at these thoughts. No use dwelling on the past. That's what it is... The past. 

I look up, expecting to see the familiar family home, with the brightly-coloured yellow mini (Don't ask why we got a yellow mini, it's a long story) that used to be a welcoming sight. But now... It's daunting and cold.

However, when I reach my house, the first thing I notice is that the yellow mini is no longer alone in the driveway: a black BMW is alongside it... Odd. We don't usually get visitors, all the visitors we had... Before... Were either mine or Steven's - my brother's - friends. After he disappeared I sort of shut everyone out and pushed all my friends away. That's what I meant earlier, Mike was one of the friends I pushed away. After about a year they finally gave up on me and left me alone. I feel guilty now, firstly for pushing them away and secondly for making Mike leave. It was just, his timing of calling me one of those things was the anniversary of my brother's disappearance.

I start to walk towards the front door, even more cautious now than I would have had it been a normal day, wondering what the heck was going on.

I close the door behind me, but quietly as I'm normally pounced on as soon as I'm across the threshold by Karen 'Mum' and Elijah 'Dad'. I can never bring myself to call them Mum and Dad nowadays, not after how they shut me out - wow, now I know how my (Now ex) friends felt when I shut them out - after what happened with Stephen.

That's strange. Normally Karen's hawk ears would pick up on the tiny click the catch made when you close it.

However, All thoughts clear from my head when I hear voices coming from the kitchen.

"Wh... What?" That was Karen. I was about to walk in and ask to know who the visitors are, when I heard an unfamiliar, male voice started to talk.

"There was a mix up at the hospital and-" He sounded American from what I'd heard there, but then Elijah cut him off,

"Yes, we heard what you said! But what does this mean? What happens now? What about Stephen?" My heart clenched at is name. As you can tell, we were close, we did a lot of things together. He was always making me laugh and telling me jokes and playing the fool. I feel my eyes well up and I had to swallow a knot of tears that had started to build up in my throat. No-one had mentioned his name since it had happened.

"I don't really know, we'd like to take them both, if you don't mind...?" Woah! Woah! Woah! Take us?! Had they found Stephen? And take us where?

"No, you can't, at least you can't take Stephen." Elijah explains

"Why not? He needs to be back where he belongs!" This time a woman spoke, she also sounded American. But her tone was lighter and more frantic.

"Because we don't know where Stephen is," Elijah says in a quiet voice, he continues on before they could interrupt, "He went missing... 4 years ago now."

"What?!" The man screamed.

"YOU LOST MY BABY?!" The woman screams after him, what she said didn't sink in until a second later.

'There was a mix up at the hospital...' ?! 'You lost my baby'?!

Blackness covered my vision as I fell to the floor.

Karen and Elijah aren't my parents? was my last thought before I lost all consciousness.

...............................................................................................................................................

So, yeah! xD There's the first chapter! Hope you enjoyed it!!!

Edited!