Chapter 11 :DDD

Here ya go guys :)

Chapter 11

Darren's POV

Jayden stood up looking stunned, and I couldn't blame him. Let me explain :

1. We didn't think she had actually believed us when we told her she was supernatural.

2. For some reason she was glowing, I'd never seen anyone glow before while using their powers. Not even Phoenix, and he's a hybrid just like Tina. Which brings me to my next point;

3. How had she managed - without any training - to fight off three, fully trained, supernaturals?

4. (There's a lot of ways she's shocked us today.) How did she know how to make that potion - again, without any training - that fully healed us both? I've heard of a few witches and warlocks being able to do it without me drinking blood or Jayden finding somewhere to hide and changing in to wolf-form, but it takes them days to make, and they're trained healers! It took her - what? - 25 minutes? This girl never ceases to amaze me.

And 5. Phoenix and his cronies actually dared to attack us on our own ground?! We definitely weren't expecting it here, at school. I can't believe they risked our kind being exposed to the human world.

Only a few humans knew of our kind, supernaturals. Some of them work with us, giving us insider information to what the humans are doing, or if they are any closer to finding out about us.

The rest? They're hunters. A shiver crawls down my spine at just the thought of them. They believe we are monsters - thanks to people like Phoenix - and have devoted their lives to hunting us, finding us, and killing us. I've never met one, or anyone who has and lived to tell the tale.

My Grandpa was killed by hunters, he was out looking for my Mom, she had gone missing while she was playing in the woods. He had changed in to wolf form (Yeah, he was a wolf. It is very rare to be the same breed as your family, even your parents.) as he would be able to see, hear and smell better and find her quicker. He had reached the part of the woods where the trees thickened and it came to the edge of our territory and went on to hunters' ground.

That was when he had started to get worried, because my Mother's scent went on to that part of the land. He carried on anyway and continued to look, it was a trap. The hunters had found my Mother and taken her, but she escaped. She was just running away from them when she found Grandpa.

Gunshots started ringing out all around them and Grandpa could see the hunters coming closer, he told my Mother to run and he tried to fight them off, but it was no use there were too many; even with his superhuman strength he still wasn't able to fight them off.

My Mother had hidden nearby and saw it all happen, the hunters left soon after, thinking that my Mother had run home and my Mother ran to my Grandpa. But, it was too late, he was already dead.

She ran home crying and, when my Grandmother asked her what was wrong, she told her Mother everything she seen and done. My Grandmother told my Mother to go to her room and went out to see him for herself. My Mother followed her, as she did not want to be alone, and saw her Mother burst in to tears.

They'd buried him right there, in the forest, as that was his favourite place to be. However, they carried him to their ground, so he would not be disturbed by the hunters. He was still buried there right now. He had died saving my Mother, his Daughter, whom he loved most in the world, second only to his wife.

My Grandma brought my Mother up alone after that and, when my Mother met my Father, my Mom claimed it was love at first sight. My Grandma was pleased to finally see her Daughter happy, she died herself soon after, but her last words to my Mom  were, "I'm going to be with Grandpa, honey. I'm going to go and meet him, so don't be sad, because I'm not."