Chapter 2 ;-)

Three days later I'm here, on the pavement outside my house. Waiting for my real parents to show. A pang of anxiety courses through me, especially when I remember what happened after I woke up to find a strange woman holding me in her lap...

.     .     .

I slowly came back to consciousness. I tried to open my eyes, but when I did I immediately regretted it. All I saw was bright light screaming at me from everywhere. I shut them straight away, as it was painful for both my eyes, and the headache that was transforming in my head.

I relaxed there for a while, until I realized I was in someone's lap, I knew Karen and Elija would never show this much love towards me... So who the duck was this?

I cautiously opened my eyes again. this time they remained open, as the light was still bright, but not unbearably so.

I looked up and saw a woman with blonde hair, bright, brown eyes and a kind face, that was now bearing a distressed look. 

"Who are you?" Is the first thing out of my mouth, even though I knew, I still needed to clarify it and know for sure.

"Honey, I'm your Mother. But we'll talk about that later. Are you okay? How's your head?" She said in such a caring tone that I trusted her. I know it sounds weird, but she's the only one who's shown even a minor level of affection towards me, since... Well, you know when.

I gulp, "I'm fine, but my head hurts a little..." I mange to squeak through the knot of tears in my throat, even thinking about the incident made me well up, but I blinked back the tears and focused on what she had begun to tell me,

"Oh, honey! It's okay, I'm here now! And so is Daddy!" She cooed - okay, I know I'm acting like a baby right now, but no one has ever held me like this, like a real Mother should. As she said this a guy walked through the door, right on cue, and knelt down beside me. He looked quite young, with light brown hair and grey eyes. He offered me a smile and ruffled my hair,

"How're ya' doin', Kiddo? I brought you a glass of water, you took quite a bump to the head!" I took the glass from him and took a sip, I didn't get any bad 'vibes' off of these two, so I gulped down the rest of it in 2 seconds flat.

"Why are you doing this? Helping me, I mean" I ask, cautiously.

"What do you mean? We're doing this because you're our daughter, it's what a parent is supposed to do." The man replied with a confused look on his face.

At this I snorted, I could never imagine Karen or Elijah doing this, even before...

I shook my head,

"Even before Stephen went missing," My voice strained when I said his name, "Neither Karen or Elijah have ever acted this way..." I informed them of my thought process.

"That's terrible! And Stephen is your twin brother, right?"

I just nodded. Unable to speak.

"Oh, Honey!" The woman cried and hugged me from behind, I let a few tears spill over and soon both of us were sobbing with the man trying to comfort us both.

At this point Karen walked in,

"Get your stuff packed, we don't want you especially now we know you're not ours." She sneered rudely, to the point at which she reminded me of the slutty girls in my class at school.

I wiped my eyes on my hand and stood up, it's not as if I hadn't been expecting something like this, but, kicking me out on the streets? That's a bit much!

I opened my mouth to speak, but somebody got there before me, 

"You can't talk to her like that! Don't you feel any affection towards her? I mean, you've thought she was your daughter for the past 16 years!"

I just shook my head and went upstairs to go and pack.

"Tina?" I turned to see who it was and saw the woman standing in the doorway to my room, "Do you wanna, I don't know, come live with us in America? We have room, our daughter and son just left home before summer break to go to college. Maybe you could see what it's like living with us? If you don't like it, you can always... " She trailed off, realizing that Karen had just said that I could never come back here.

I took a deep breath and answered, "Okay."

.     .     .

I was jolted back to the present by the sound of a car horn honking... from a car... that was right in front of me... that I hadn't even noticed was there... Man I'm unobservant sometimes!

The car had just two people in it, Jill = My real Mum and Tim = My real Dad. I smiled at them.

Jill was pregnant with me while on holiday here, she went into labour 2 weeks prematurely. And had me at the hospital round the corner from where I used to live.

The car in front of me is the same black BMW E36 that was parked out side my house on Thursday.

"Hi!" Tim says, winding his window down, " You wanna get in? We're just taking this old thing back to the rental place."

"Okay," I say as I hop in the car with a bubble of excitement and nerves in my stomach.

We're driving to the airport, where we'll get on a plane to America and pick up their car from the Airport valet service, from there we'll drive to their house. I suddenly remembered a question I'd wanted to ask since they'd left on Thursday, after bargaining with Karen and Elijah to let me stay another three days, 

"Were do you guys live in America?"

"We live in Orlando, that's in Florida. Your college is called Peckerton. You'll be starting there on Monday, so you have tonight to unpack and settle in!" Jill answers smiling at me from the passenger seat. "I think you'll like there! There are some very nice people! But Rachel always told us not to fall for the charm of Darren Bowler! Just passing that little piece of advice on to you!"

They'd told me all about Rachel, she was one of the babies we'd been switched with.

Hmm, that Darren Bowler guy sounds a lot like Larry Wheeler in my old school, I'll have to watch out for him!

As we drove down Retrevende Avenue, I had a feeling that this would be the lasttimeI'd seen the house, so I took the time to look back at it and try and remember the good times. A tingeof sadness ran through meat the thought that i'd never come back to my home, but I pushed it away. Homeis a place that you feel safe and loved, it's a place you can unwind. I'd never felt any of those things there. So I turned back around and faced forward, looking on towards this new adventure, and thanking God that I had gotten away from that life and started anew.

I was now ready for anything, including this 'Darren Bowler'. 

.....................................

COMMENT/RATE/VOTE :) hope you liked it!!!

Once again, thank you to xXNightandDayXx for making the beautiful banner at the side! :D

Did you think these chapters are better now? I'm not sure how much I'll have to change chapter three, I'll have to check! love you guys for reading!!! LOL!

.x.Sophie.x.

Edited!