09- Whispers Of Fear

No

"No.. No Noooooooo!" Krish hyperventilated. It can't be true.

Rey, who had come from his badminton practice, witnessed a worried and hyperventilating Krish Jaiswal.

"Why are you a walking spree? Aur, dekh horror movie mer bina. Abb ghumta rehna dar-dar ke, baby-boi" Rey cooed, in a baby voice, taking a bite of last slice of pizza, making his day better.

"Bullhead—"

"Bullhead, dekh na yeh log kya sab bol rahe hai? Baba...kya bol rahe hai-mere baba ki—carfireno..no. Aaisa nahi sokata. Haina? Aaaisa nahi ho sakta Bullhead? Bol na kuch " Krish chocked as he fell short of breath. This is not true. Just not.

Rey glanced at the TV as he got a hold of the situation.

"Dipstick, look at me. Phele bhai ko call kar. Kuch galat femi hui hogi. We can't conclude anything like this, right?" Rey said it in tears.

"Yess-Yess. Tu sahi keh raha hai. I shouldn't jump to conclusions. Mera phone- mere phone-heck-my."Krish stumbled over his couch as he hurt his toe.

"Dipstick, careful." Rey rumbled over. Krish ingored his bleeding heel nail and desperately dialled his brother's number. He tried it one time, two time, three time, but to his anguish, he didn't pick up the call.

"He will be fine Krish." Rey chapped in a worried tone.

"I dont know Rey, but I feel—Just let me get hold of him Rey I swear. I will show him what Krishank Jaiswal is! He constantly rants about how irresponsible I am—"

"What is his problem Rey? Why does he never pick his phone up? He just has to swipe the green button? That's it. Par nahi! Suni kahan hai kisi ki. You know buddy sahi kehte hai, bhaiya is impossible." Krish vented, grabbing his hair in frustation.

"Bullhead, Baba." fear settled in his heart as the situation slowly started to sink in. The m,ere, thought of something happening to Kartik sent a shiver down his spine. Rey hugged him tightly, giving the assurance that everything would be fine. "Maybe"

"Dipstick, maybe his phone is disconnected. Wait for a few minutes."

"No, Rey, I lost him."

"Krishank" Rey called out, but Krishank was in his own chanting world, to his dismay.

"He left me. He-lef— me. He left me he lef-he. He-Rey-he left me.: Krish bawled, as his words were stuck in his mouth.

"Krish? Kya hua? Who left you" Kartik said as he entered the hall with army mens.

"Baba, bhaiya-- you are here, aap, aap" Krish leaped on him, as he hugged him, sucking the breath out of him.

"Mein theek hu, but what happened to you maharaj. Why are you crying all right? Are you hurt somewhere? Arey kuch toh bolo tum dono mein se,'

"No I-wasnt—i—COULDN'T—aap" Krish stammered, still hicupping with all those tears gliding like a river.

"Hua kya hai, Rey tu toh bol beta." Kartik asked still, still confused of the turning.

"Aapki car ki news, going on, that your car is blasted. Meine isse bola, par yeh kahan sunta, you scared us bhaiya." Rey said hugging Kartik from back, asking if he was okay. Krish was not ready to leave, well it was nothing new for a son who just had to go through a mental torture of losing his father.

His brother.

His Dracula.

His