13-When The Maharaj Appease

'May the teachings of lor Rama inspire us to lead a life of righteousness and compassion. HAPPY RAM NAVAMI TO ALL! JAI SHREE RAM! 🚩"

Krish's face jolted to the left side. Tears made their way through his eyes when he felt the strong, intense sharp sting. Kartik slapped him. Tears rolled down his eyes.

Ranveer stood up almost immediately holding Krish as tears lined up his eyes.

"KARTIK"

"Stay out of it Ranveer." Kartik warned him, and held Krish's elbow and made him look up. "LOOK AT ME KRISHANK?"

Krish had only known one face since he started remembering people. And that was Kartik. The young man, who had always held him, fed him and taught him. The young man didn't have a clue how to hold kids, but he still carried the kid, like his own child—his first bacha, his Maharaj, his Krishank, around.

Nothing ever mattered to Krish more than Kartik—more than his words, more than his actions—he worshipped his baba as his deity and when Kartik hit him, Krish couldn't help but feel the heartbreak. It was far more dire. Worse.

■■■

A Pin-drop silence filled the tense space for a few seconds. Neither any of them said word. Ranveer was shocked, to say the least. And Krish was ashamed of himself.

'Ranveer. Please. Handle the outside situation...get the matter aired out.' Kartik said, and Ranveer breathed deeply before left.

Things were already screwed enough. Krish's reckless stunt caused enough pandemonium throughout the city. He right away ended the search, overturned the curfew, and apologised to the governance and management for the show they had created.

And thanked Nisha.

'bhaiya.. I want to see Krish once.' Rey said, gripping Ranveer's jacket. His voice was hoarse, and the controlled sobs were making matters worse for Ranveer. He hated tears.

Ranveer's heart went out for him. When it came to tears, he couldn't stand it; it was always Kartik who handled it; he has always been good at handling emotions. He wished for the same today. But it wasn't.

'Don't run away, Ranveer; don't close him off from youdon't; he needed you.Do what Kartik would have did.' Ranveer subconscious mind reminded himself.

"Don't hold your tears, beta" And that was itfor Rey; every single emotion he was holding back so long, putting up a brave face, and telling everyone Krish would come back sooner and safely crashed him down.

Tears rolled down his cheeks like there was no tomorrow, and everything hurts but then something happened to Rey as Ranveer wrapped his around him securely. The faded scent of his spine cologne and an oddly comfortable warmth enveloped him.

"he -he is plain stupid..kyun karta hai woh aaisa..how can he bhaiya, bhai sahi karte hai usse ground karke.. he deserves this only." Rey sobbed, clenching Ranveer's shirt between his fists.

"he is okay." Ranveer whispered, and Rey gradually calmed in his embrace. He didn't know how for how long he stayed in his arms, but what he knew was that the sound of Ranveer's beating heart put him at ease. The haunting darkness hit him, but the mere thought of Ranveer presence made him feel better.

It reallly did.

◻◻◻

"It was just a simple request, Krishank.. ki beta bahar kal chalenge aaj nahi! Even I agreed to everything, then why KRISHANK and where the hell were you..?" Kartik's voice increased, and Krish flinched back slightly.