Chapter 1: Baby and Vial

Athanasia sighed. She wasn't out there for the debutante ball. It wasn't that she didn't want to go, but there were some maids that ruined the one dress she was supposed to wear tonight.

She sighed once more as she walked out of the barren Ruby Palace. Her nanny, Lily, was gone to buy them food supplies. She glanced at the faraway light of the banquet hall. She smiled bitterly, oh how she wished that her own father would love her.

Her golden wavy hair flew with the wind as she strolls around.

A love of a family. That's all she asked for. Athanasia continued to walk through the palace gardens, her mind filled with thoughts of the family she had always longed for. She watched as fireflies danced in the moonlight, their soft glow casting an enchanting spell over the surroundings.

She couldn't help but feel a sense of isolation in the grandeur of the Ruby Palace. Her father, the emperor, seemed distant and cold, not once had he ever acknowledged her existence. Athanasia's heart ached for the love she had been denied all her life.

As she approached a fountain adorned with statues of mythical creatures, she heard a soft whimper. Her curiosity piqued, she followed the sound and discovered a small wicker basket nestled in the bushes. Inside, she found a bundle wrapped in a soft, embroidered blanket.

With trembling hands, she carefully unwrapped the bundle to reveal a baby, its eyes wide and innocent. Athanasia gasped in surprise, her heart filled with compassion. It was as if fate had brought this child to her, offering her a chance to experience the love and family she had always yearned for.

She carried the baby in her arms as she caressed the baby's cold face. It was a baby boy with unruly black hair and bright green eyes .

Athanasia gazed down at the baby boy, her heart swelling with a mixture of emotions. She had never expected to find herself in this situation, but there was an undeniable connection she felt to the child. The infant's innocent gaze seemed to pierce through her soul, as if he understood the loneliness that had plagued her for so long.

With a newfound determination, Athanasia made a silent promise to protect and care for the baby as if he were her own. She cradled him gently and looked around, unsure of what to do next. The palace she lived in is practically unlivable for a child like him, and she couldn't fathom how a baby had ended up abandoned in the garden.

As she walked back toward the palace, she noticed a glint of light coming from a nearby rosebush. Curiosity got the better of her, and she reached into the thorny branches to find a small vial. It contained a shimmering, otherworldly liquid that seemed to glow with a faint blue hue.

Athanasia's mind raced with questions. What was the significance of this vial, and how was it connected to the baby she now held in her arms? She took the vial, there was a letter at the string of the cork.

"A drop of your blood in this vial, make the child drink it," By instructions, Athanasia knew it was a vial of potion for Blood Adoption. By no means she had magic, she had none. She knew that.

Looking down on the little bundle in her arms. Her blue jeweled eyes looked at the baby's face with softness. The child's parents are dead, she could gather as much.

Athanasia carefully tucked the vial with the letter into the pocket of her dress, her mind whirring with both uncertainty and determination. She knew that she had no magical abilities, and yet the instructions she held in her hand seemed to suggest a path forward to keep the baby safe and become his guardian.

With a deep breath, Athanasia made her way back to her chambers in the Ruby Palace, cradling the baby close to her chest. She found a quiet corner where she could lay the infant down on a soft, silk-lined cradle. Her thoughts were consumed by the letter's instructions.