Chapter 35

CHAPTER 35

Nicklausse stood in the sterile white hospital hallway, his eyes glinting with an icy rage. His wife, ang nag-iisang tao who had the power to thaw his frozen heart, ay nawala nalang bigla without a trace, leaving him with a maddening void in his life.

Ang mga doctors with their white coats na nakangiti sa kanya na may kaginhawaan na nginitian siya, had failed him. Kahit sinabi ng mga ito na buhay pa ang kanyang asawa na si Avionna, but the truth had been twisted and veiled beneath murky shadows.

His brow furrowed as he turned his attention to the doctors, their voices intertwining in meaningless reassurances.

Galit ang nararamdaman niya sa mga oras na iyon, umalis lang siya saglit para mawala ang sakit na nararamdaman niya, iba't ibang emosyon ang nangingibabaw sa kanya.

How dare these so-called professionals stand before him with empty promises of his wife's safety, when they couldn't even keep her within their grasp?

In a chilling tone, he lashed out at the doctors, his words etching deep into their conscience. "You claim my wife is alive, yet you couldn't prevent her from being taken? What good are your medical degrees if you can't protect the ones under your care?" His voice, normally calm and collected, was now filled with seething anger, every syllable infused with contempt.

Ang kanyang galit ay hindi lang sa mga doctors, pati narin sa mga private bodyguard niya, a loyal and skilled protector, was the next target of his wrath.

With his eyes cold as ice, he turned to face his trusted companion, their past camaraderie diminished in an instant. "You vowed to keep her safe, to shield her from harm," he accused, his voice dripping with disappointment. "Yet she slipped through your fingers, as if you were nothing more than an inept fóol!"

Sid expression betrayed a mix of remorse and frustration, but the man's icy glare only intensified.

Hindi siya makapaniwala na nalusutan sila ng isang babae na walang malay at isang hindi kilalang tao na nagkuha rito.

Maraming katanungan ang nasa utak niya, ume-echo iyon ng malakas na parang naghahalo-halo ang mga iyon.

Who had taken her? Why had they wanted her? And more importantly, why couldn't anyone find her?

Sa mga oras na iyon, nagagalit siya ng husto dahil habang tumatakbo ang oras mas lalong nakaramdam siya ng takot...takot na baka hindi na niya makita pa ang babae...ang asawa niya.

Sa likod ng galit niya ay may nagngitngit na bulong sa tenga niya.  Those who had harmed his wife would soon feel the full weight of his resolve, their actions igniting a fire within him that no amount of frost could quell.

Sa bawat lakad niya, his icy façade solidified, his heart encased in a cold, impenetrable shell.

No longer would he rely on others to protect what was his. No longer would he allow his rage to merely simmer beneath the surface. The disappearance of his wife had unleashed a tempest inside him, forging a path of vengeance, driven by his love and fueled by his anger.

Nicklausse eyes burned brighter than ever, promising an icy retribution for those who dared take his beloved away.

------------
[THREE YEARS HAD PASSED]

Nakaupo ngayon si Nicklausse sa kanyang office sa Mansion, pinapalibutan ng mga array of photographs and scraps of information, his tired eyes reflecting the weight of three long years filled with unanswered questions and endless what-ifs.

Sa bawat araw na lumipas, ay nakaukit na sa kanyang sarili ang sakit, pagod, and frustration sa mukha niya. Palagi niyang nakikita ang pagsasama nila ni Avionna noon, pinuntahan na niya lahat ng lugar kung saan ang babae pati ang bahay nito sa Probinsya ay napuntahan na niya, minsan inaabutan siya ng gabi...araw-araw...wala ng nakatira roon, nowhere to be found...bigla nalang nawala na parang bula ang pamilya ni Avionna at ang babae. He searching for any clue that might bring him closer to finding her.