Jack ~ Classic Car

I was standing outside the garage of my boyfriend's house waiting for him to show me the big surprise he was so excited about. It was seven in the morning and I was barely awake, but Jack wanted to see me early for an early birthday present. It was a sweet gesture so I didn't question his reasoning behind it. However, I wasn't happy about the seven in the morning part.

Finally, after about five minutes he opens the garage. My eyes widen as I saw the beautiful classic vehicle parked in front of me. Not believing what Jack has done, I was left in shock and disbelief.

"Holy shit." I whisper under my breath.

"Holy shit indeed, babygirl!" He jumps out from behind the car, practically scaring the crap out of me.

I laugh and smile in amazement as I walk up to the car, "is th-that an-"

"An original 1963 Chevrolet Impala." He finished my sentence.

"As in?" I ask, getting jumpy.

"Your favourite car."

I squeal in excitement, jumping in his arms. He caught me and spun me around. I cup his face and immediately pulled him into a sweet kiss. His soft chuckle filling the air as he smiles from ear to ear. I pull away before looking back at the car.

"You did this all for me? I asked.

"Of course," He answered, keeping his arms around me. "I know how much you missed your grandfather and working with the old cars you guys found. So I tracked down the one he was going to gift you for your 19th birthday just before he died and gave the auto shop an offer they couldn't refuse. After, I brought it back here. I figured we could work on it together. You know, give it a new paint job, fix up the upholstery, make it look brand new."

I tear up, remembering all the good memories I had working on classic cars with my grandfather. The memories Jack had brought back to life. "Oh my g-god." I cried in his arms. He strokes my hair to try and calm me. He knew how hard it has been for me since my grandfather died a few years back. Cars were all I had to remember him by. I had found out he was gifting me the 63' Impala after he died. My family and I tried to track it down but it was no use. They wouldn't give us the car because there was other buyers that offered more than we could. I never felt whole again after that. Jack tried his best to help me feel at least somewhat better and it worked after awhile, but I could never forget the pain I felt when I lost My grandfather. That car would have been all I had left of him.

"Baby," Jack spoke softly as I cried, pulling away just a bit to look at me. His grin had now turned into a frown. He put his pointer finger under my chin to lift my head up before pressing his lips to mine gently. I kissed him back a bit, calming down at the feeling. "I'm sorry I made you cry. I just wanted to help and give you back what you lost."

"I know I know, and thank you." I smile, wiping the tears away. "I'm not sad. I'm happy. You brought back something I thought no one ever could."

His smile returned to his face, pecking the bridge of my nose gently, "Good. You deserve to be happy."

I smile and look back at the car. He lets me go so I could take a closer look, examining what needed to be fixed and taking note of what I would need to fix it. I popped the hood of the car, looking at the engine. I look up at Jack as he watched me in awe causing me to break focus and laugh.

"Well, Mr. Avery?" I walk back over to him to ask him one simple question.

"Yes, future Mrs. Avery?" He asks, making me blush a bit.

"Will you help me fix up this car?" I reach out my hand as I asked him.

He takes my hand in his and smiles, "Absolutely I will." With that we got to work.