5.

Chapter Five

"It's barely been two weeks and you are around his family more than you are around us," Nukkie said as she sat in Quannie's complaining about Quannie not spending time with Kayla and her.

Quannie rolled her eyes as Kayla nodded along to what Nukkie was saying. "Don't encourage her childish rant," Quannie told Kayla.

"What it is true though. You went from not knowing if you would ever find him to always up under him within two weeks, Quannie, we don't want you to get hurt," Kayla said.

"Kayla, you said he was a good guy, and he is. Joshua would never hurt me," Quannie said.

"And what about Kamari? You're letting her get attached to a man and a family that isn't hers. What happens when the babies get here and they stop paying attention to her? Do you know how that's going to make her feel?" Nukkie asked Quannie.

Kayla taps Nukkie on the arm.

"What? I'm telling the truth. She is so happy to be up under a man that she doesn't think about the consequences that it will have on her daughter," Nukkie said.

Quannie pointed a finger at Nukkie.

"Don't fucking go there with my child, Nukkie, because it's not true. I always think about Kamari before I do anything. You don't think I didn't already think about how all of this is going to affect her? Trust me, I do. But I've seen the way Joshua interacts with her when I'm not in the room and I can tell he is a good man. He won't do her like that once the babies are here," Quannie said.

"And how are you sure of that?" Nukkie asked.

"He'll be here today. You guys stay and see how he interacts with her and tell me if you don't see what I see," Quannie answered.

"Fine, we will, let's see if Mr. One Night Stand treats my sister and niece right," Nukkie said.

Kayla sighed.

"Nukkie, he's not a bad guy, give him a chance," Kayla said.

Even though Nukkie was the youngest. She was very overprotective of her big sisters to the point where people thought she was the oldest.

After everything they have been through in their childhood, she has never been comfortable with letting people in. She is always on guard when it comes to new people.

So, Joshua and his family are a threat at the moment until she is comfortable with them. She wasn't going to let him hurt her sister and niece.

"Calm down, bodyguard," Kayla said.

"Besides ain't you talking to his cousin, Zilla?" Quannie asked.

Nukkie shrugged.

"You mean the one who went to prison for 6 years in Texas?" Kayla asked.

Zilla was charged with aggravated robbery at the age of 15 and ended up locked up as a juvenile in a Texas prison for six years.

He got released in March 2022 that's when he and Nukkie started talking but she wasn't taking him seriously.

She thinks he still needs more time to adjust to the outside world to figure out what he wants in life and she is low-key terrified of him.

"Talking? We flirt here and there nothing more plus what am I going to do with him?" Nukkie answered back.

"He seems like a sweetheart to me, he might be good for you if you give him a chance and stop thinking about what he has done in the past," Quannie told her.

Nukkie rolled her eyes.

"Why don't you want to give him a real chance?" Kayla asked her.

"I just don't want to end up with someone like our father. What if he goes back to his old ways then I'm stuck in a situation that I can't get out of, especially when I have Reign," Nukkie explained to them.