13.

Chapter Thirteen

ESSENCE Features Quannie Ballesteros and Jey Uso's Family on the Cover of Its November/December Issue

The First Official Pictures of the Couple's Blended Family are featured on ESSENCE's Cover

ESSENCE has always been a place that nurtures, uplifts, and inspires the notion of family. The magazine is proud to announce its November/December 2023 issue featuring Quannie Ballesteros and Jey Uso and their amazing family!

This month, ESSENCE celebrates the family of Jey Uso and Quannie Ballesteros. We know there are many ways to define family, but how a family defines themselves is of the utmost importance.

Whether they are birthed, blended, or chosen, the nucleus of every family is a love and connection that offers joy and comfort throughout life's journey. Added factors like being in the public eye amplify the necessity for a family unit to exercise perfect love and compassion in an imperfect and demanding world, as Quannie Ballesteros, Jey Uso, and their family have modeled time and time again.

The health of Black and Brown communities is grounded in the health of the families within it and as we also spotlight mental, maternal/paternal, physical, and other determinants of health this month, we honor how sharing this family's story will inspire all families to advocate for WHAT they uniquely need/want to be and WHO they publicly need/want to be.

Brande Victorian speaks with the couple about everything from what makes their relationship work to the trials they faced together to the importance of family and the longevity they foresee in the entertainment business.

What makes their relationship work is the respect and trust Quannie has for her man, who has not only united their family but has also been a confidante who ensures that she remains a business-savvy influencer.

The sanctuary they have created not only for themselves but also for their children is evident throughout their honest dialogue.

•QUANNIE ON MEETING JEY'S SONS: "When I met his sons. I always wanted them to like me, and they do. They tell me that. I feel it, and I hope we always have a great relationship."

•JEY ON FAMILY: "It's a blessing to be able to have them all together, and to have a partner who's open and treats them as if they're her kids. It could be an issue, but I don't have to go through that, and that's beautiful."

•QUANNIE ON HOW JEY SUPPORTS HER: "My pregnancy has been complicated and with him around, I felt like things were going to be alright because I know the type of man that he is with his kids. It's hard for me to explain, but I see how much he loves his kids and how passionate he is about his kids, and I love that."

•JEY ON HOW THEY MAKE THEIR RELATIONSHIP WORK: "Love is important, but if you've got that foundation, we should respect each other and what we have going on. I had never experienced a woman who was so hardworking and doing what I was doing. It turns me on. She does her own thing. She likes the hustle, so that ain't never getting in between our love."

"