12.

Chapter Twelve

Quannie walked into Joshua's parents' house with Kamari and two platters of Tostones (twice-fried plantains) and Kipes (deep-fried bulgur roll). They were having a family gathering so Quannie didn't want to come empty-handed.

They made it into the kitchen where Joshua's mother, sister, and aunts were cooking.

"Hi, Grandma, hi aunties!" Kamari exclaimed, walking around and hugging each woman.

Quannie placed the platters on the kitchen table before getting all the women in the kitchen. "You didn't have to bring anything," Talisua said.

"Oh no, I wanted to. My grandma instilled in me to never show up to anyone's house with empty hands," Quannie said.

Talisua smiled as Joshua walked in and greeted Quannie with a kiss on the lips before he placed a hand on her swollen abdomen, bending down to speak to the babies.

"Hey, my babies, it's Daddy," Joshua said as the babies moved at the sound of his voice. "Oh, they like my voice," Joshua grinned as the babies started kicking.

Quannie winced. "I don't know why," Quannie said as she placed a hand on her stomach as one of the babies kicked a little too hard.

"Hey, babies chill, y'all are hurting Mommy," Joshua said.

Kamari walked over and placed a hand on Quannie's belly. "Stop it now," Kamari said.

The babies stopped moving.

"Look at you already being the best big sister ever," Joshua said.

Kamari smiled before hugging Joshua.

"I helped Mommy cook so you better eat it," Kamari said, pointing to the platters.

Joshua bit back laughing. "Yes, ma'am," Joshua said as everyone laughed.

"Where are my best friends?" Kamari asked Joshua.

"Outside," Joshua answered, pointing to the backyard.

Kamari goes outside with Joshua and Quannie following her. "Best Friends!" Kamari exclaimed, running over to Jeyce and Jaciyah.

"She is going to drive them crazy today," Quannie said.

"Nah, she's their Angel," Joshua said as they watched Jaciyah pick up Kamari and throw her in the air before catching her.

"Get the pregnant lady off of her feet," Jon said as he came toward Joshua and Quannie.

"Hi, Jon," Quannie said.

"Hi, Quannie," Jon said.

They head over to where the others are sitting and Trinity immediately starts talking to Quannie about how they should go on a girls' trip before she has the babies so they can bond.

"That's a great idea, we should do it soon because my doctor is recommending bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy," Quannie told Trinity.

"Why are you being put on bed rest?" Galina asked.

"I had some complications at the beginning and my doctor is worried that I'll have a difficult delivery so he wants me on bed rest as a precaution," Quannie answered.

"It must have been bad in the beginning," Galina said.

"Yeah, I was in and out of the hospital, I probably haven't stayed in the hospital since I hit seventeen weeks," Quannie said.

Joshua frowned.

"Is your doctor advising you to get a cesarean?" Almia asked.

Quannie shakes her head no.

"No, but I'm sure it's an option," Quannie answered.

Later that night after Joshua dropped Quannie and Kamari home. Quannie decided to do the I'm Batman prank on Joshua.

Then she posted the screenshots of their messages to TikTok with the caption: POV: Your baby daddy takes everything too far and seriously when you just want to try the I'm Batman prank.

❤️
Main Event Zaddy

Hey!

What's up?

1 have to tell you something.

I'm listening. What is it? Is everything good?

It's a lot, but I can't keep holding it in.

Man, what is it? You did something, didn't you?
Come on, Quannie. Talk.

You just gotta hear me out okay?

Quannie. Sure, whatever.

Promise?

Promise.

Okay, just listen. I've been keeping this from you because I didn't want hurt you or put you in danger.

Quannie, you making my nerves bad. What you done did? Girl, you better start talking so I can decide to be an compliance or snitch on your ass.

The more you get to know me, the more you'll find out who I really am. I just want you to know that I love you and I hope this doesn't change anything between us.

Yeah, I'm gonna report you for whatever you did.

This is so hard for me to say.

Say it or just stop texting me. Girl, you making my ass itch. Quannie, you blowing me.

I'm so sorry.

What's going on

I'm Batman 🦇

Man wtf!?!!? Quannie, bye. Blocked!

No! Don't block me. 😭🙄