Chapter Seven

After a while, Tony, Josh, and Tyler helped Clint up to an empty bedroom where he could sleep. That was 10 hours ago. Everyone thought it would be best to just let him rest and sleep. It was the weekend, so he could do quite a lot of that. Lilly walks up the stairs, a plate with two of Clint's favorite Burritos in her hand. She opens the door of the room and sees him asleep in the bed. She places the plate on the bedside table and sits on the edge of the bed, running her hands through his hair. He stirred, and his piercing grey/blue eyes looked lazily at her, a smile on his face. 

"How are you feeling?" Lilly asked, quickly retracting her hand. 

"Better," Clint says, sitting up slightly. "Thanks for stitching me up." 

"All good." Lilly looks down at her hands. "I just can't believe you were in front of me the whole time and I never saw it." 

"Believe me Lilly, I have had the thought run through my head as well," Clint says. "I guess we both just grew up. Or well you did, I am still the child I was before you left." 

Lilly laughs. "I missed you so much." 

Lilly moved closer and wrapped her arms around her best friend. He wraps his around her, hugging just as tight. 

"I missed you too peaches." Clint rests his head on top of hers. 

Lilly releases him and grabs the plate placing it in front. "Now eat something." 

Clint's eyes light up at the sight of food. "Don't have to tell me twice." 

Lilly laughs and leaves Clint to devour the two burritos. She heads back downstairs and sits with her friends. 

"How is he?" Tony asked. 

"His normal self. No doubt gonna devour those burritos with less than 5 minutes." Lilly says. 

"Who wouldn't," Josh says. "Food is the best thing ever." 

"Yes, it is. But think you can eat like normal human beings?" Lilly sighs. 

"So Clint is the guy from the underground?" Tyler asks. 

Lilly nods. "But from what happened last night, he's left and his gross brother hasn't liked it very much." The boys give Lilly a questioning look. "He is an undefeated champion of the underground and would make his brother a ton of money. He went into the underground when his mother went to jail to make some money but Barney just took advantage of  it and then made Clint work for him or he'll hurt me." 

"Wow this Barney guy sounds like an ass," Josh says. 

"He is," Clint says coming down the stairs slowly. 

Lilly sends Clint a smile and he returns it before placing his plate in the sink. He joins his friends on the couch and they all talk about random stuff. 

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

It was the day of the Homecoming and it was all everyone was talking about. It was lunch and Lilly and her friends were sitting down at their table discussing any last-minute details about tonight. 

"So we are all meeting at my house," Lilly says, getting up. 

Everyone nods. Lilly beams before throwing out her trash and making her way back to the table. 

"I am just going to get my stuff for our last class," Lilly says. 

"I'll go with you Lilly," Clint says getting up. 

"Okay." 

Lilly prefers to have one of the boys with her because of Jason. She was truly scared of him. Also, she was afraid Veronica would go back to how it was before, which slowly it has. The two friends walk to her locker, talking. They reach it in record time and Lilly grabs her things.