Chapter 11: First Mission of the Detective Club!! / Ranpo's Trap

Hirata: "Guys, once classes start, I ask everyone to pay proper attention. Especially you, Sudou-kun."

Hirata drew the noisy classroom's attention by standing at the podium.

Sudou: "Tch, what's up?"

Hirata: "This month, we didn't earn any points. This is a problem that will greatly affect our future student life. We can't continue like this and graduate with 0 points, can we?"

— Definitely not!

A girl shouted in response to Hirata's words. He nodded.

Hirata: "Of course not. Therefore, we have no choice but to try to earn some points next month. That's why all of us in the class need to work together to solve our problem. We must avoid being late and talking during class. Naturally, the use of cell phones during classes is also prohibited."

Sudou: "Tch... What's the point if we're already at 0?"

Hirata: "However, if we keep being late and talking during class, our points won't increase. We can't go below 0 points; it still counts as negative."

Sudou: "I don't get it. Even if we work hard during class, it's not like our points will go up."

After a few seconds of silence, Kushida, who had been looking at her phone with a strange expression, chimed in.

Kushida: "Didn't the school say that not being late and not talking during class should be common sense?"

Hirata: "Yes, I agree with Kushida-san. It's only natural."

Sudou: "That's just an explanation for their convenience. Talk to me after figuring out how to increase our points."

Hirata: "I don't think there's anything wrong with what Sudou-kun says. I'm sorry for making you feel uncomfortable." *Hirata bowed his head to the dissatisfied Sudou* "But I think Edogawa-kun explained it quite well."

Sudou: "That bastard!! No matter what you do, don't involve me. Got it?" *As if feeling uncomfortable staying in the classroom, Sudou left the room.*

— Sudou-kun really can't read the room. He's the one who's always late. Even without Sudou-kun, can we get some points?

— Yes... it's the worst. Why is he in the same class as us?

What hypocrites, I saw both of them using their phones and talking at least 38 times last month.

After stepping down from the podium, Hirata walked to the front of the classroom.

Hirata: "Horikita-san, Ayanokouji-kun, and Edogawa-kun, do you have time after school? When school is over, I want to talk about how we can increase our points. I want you to participate. Can you?"

Ranpo: *Edogawa raises his hand and smiles* "I can't! As the 'Great Super Detective' that I am, I have to go to the club! Bye!!" *quickly leaving but stopping in the doorway* "Although I have to say, your idea of creating study groups is not my favorite, mmmm... Although if you include me in a group, I'll decide who my teammates are. Goodbye!"

Hirata: *stunned by surprise* "W-what the hell?"

Horikita: "I have to admit, even though he acts like an idiot all the time, he's truly intelligent."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

"DETECTIVE CLUB OFFICE"

I want you to imagine this situation: a fairly large classroom with 4 giant bookshelves filled with books, a large couch where Hiyori was sitting with two towers next to her, Albert accompanying her with a manga. In the background, there were two desks, one giant like a president's desk, where Ranpo was lying down with at least 20 candy bags around him and a laptop. Lastly, Ichinose was at a small desk, checking paperwork with a slightly irritated expression while casting some glances at her companions.