Six

Byn's POV

I don't know who the fuck Greene thinks he is, and why he is so cuddly with James, but it's pissing me off. It's been pissing me off all day. He leaned forward and was breathing on his ear and taking up space. Idiot.

It immediately ruined all the good things I was feeling from our conversation. It was fun and it was easy...and I fucking loved it. As much as I hate to admit it. James was...funny and kind...and fuck! What is happening to me? But the moment Greene walked in and his eyes shone bright, I knew something was up.

That dick was in love with my mate.

'Yikes, someone is possessive.' Atlas teased as I bounced around the shop, angrily cleaning. Thankfully my family were already upstairs and would be the rest of the night. I couldn't handle them being on my case right now.

'Shut up, Atlas.'

'No! This is entertaining, seeing how you were a day ago versus now is a complete one-eighty.'

'Well...that was before.'

'Before what?'

'Before I knew he was actually...kind of cool.'

I hated to admit it, I really did. I was expecting the golden boy to be rude and a dick. But no, he was actually bearable and able to hold a conversation. I wasn't expecting this, and I've now been caught completely off guard. It also didn't help that he made me feel...things. Things I've never felt before and it confuses me. I've never been attracted to a man ever, and now here I am, running my eyes up and down his thick football build and liking it.

GODDESS!

The door swung open with a light chime and my next client walked in. He was another one of us lowers, and he just wanted a simple armpiece. It would take two hours max. He smiled brightly at me and went and sat in my booth without me having to say. 

"Byn, I've missed you." He teased and I let out a chuckle.

"Good, to see you too, Andrew." Andrew was a regular. He already had a sleeve on one arm and was not starting on his second. I also would never tell him this, but he was one of my favorites to tatt. He kept the energy light and he would crack jokes like no other.

"How's work been?" I asked as I approached and sat on my stool. I was in the usual outfit I wore when I tattoo. A tank and sweat shorts. Sitting under a bright light I get hot easily, so the fewer clothes the better.

"Booming, bro. Those uppers are demanding though. If we don't do it right the first time in their eyes they make us start over. We of course tell them it will cost extra, but they don't care. Money's not an issue." 

Andrew's family owned the construction company on our pack. They've been the only one for years and a reason. They are just that good. Almost every building and house in the upper territory was built by his family. 

"So what's the newest project then?" I started to prep his skin and prepare my table. However, my eyes were flicking to the clock. An hour. James will be here in one hour.

"Alpha and Luna are building a house for the golden boy. It's supposed to be a surprise and it's a gift for him and his mate, whenever he meets her."

My throat went dry and my mind filled with thoughts. Many thoughts. 

One, the fact he said her. 

Two, because I now know a secret that I can't tell James. I wonder how this will play out.

And three, because that house Andrew is building...is technically for me too. I've never lived in a house before. I just stayed silent as I laid the stencil, unsure of what to say now. I couldn't help it but my eyes flickered to check the clock again. Only two minutes have passed. Why the fuck is time moving so slowly.